By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U basically averages two "big" games a year.

So Star Fox is a big game now?

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

If it is considered big, then the excuses for the bad graphics doesn't fit anymore.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Podings said:
midrange said:

This is why I say that Xeno X and mario maker are the only "big" games of the year. You are free to disagree, but know that everyone has a different definition of what "big" means.

Well yes, I definitely would not call one game "bigger" than another game that had cost more to make, simply because its marketing budget was larger.

I'm also assuming you then mean that those are the only big games yet to come out this year, as the marketing budget for Splatoon appears to also have been quite meaty.

Splatoons marketing was very extravagant, on the level of mario kart. But I hesitate to call splatoon "big" since that would assume it's development budget is on par to mario kart's (I highly doubt that). Splatoon is a tough call since it is a budget game with a big marketing budget, but I am leaning toward it not being 'big'

And while you may not agree, I would say marketing budget is a very an important factor in deciding if a game is big (not big enough to outweigh the low development budget for splatoon). Marketing budget allows for games like hearthstone to be bigger than games like dishonored, despite the development budget difference

Mystro-Sama said:

It's big in name alone and that's it. It's budget doesn't seem big, the graphics are awful, the gameplay doesn't seem new, etc. People just like to call it a big game to add it to the list of 'big' wii u games

midrange said:
Mystro-Sama said:

It's big in name alone and that's it. It's budget doesn't seem big, the graphics are awful, the gameplay doesn't seem new, etc. People just like to call it a big game to add it to the list of 'big' wii u games

This.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I think we can say 3 big games a year

NSMBU - Nintendoland - ZombieU

Pikmin - Zelda HD - SM3DW

Kart - Smash - Bayo/X

Splatoon - Mario Maker - StarFox/X

Switch!!!

midrange said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Bullshit

Star Fox is big because the last real Star Fox sold 4 milions and it was universally praised as one of the best action games ever made, to say that the game is not big because the graphics is absurd, and to say that is not big because it plays similar is just stupid, the vast majority of big games this days does nothing new at all.  And if games with not extremely big budgets are not big, then I guess New Super Mario Bros is not big at all despite having sold more than 70 milions of copies with only 4 non-multiplatform games.

Goodnightmoon said:
midrange said:

Bullshit

Star Fox is big because the last real Star Fox sold 4 milions and it was universally praised as one of the best action games ever made, to say that the game is not big because the graphics is absurd, and to say that is not big because it plays similar is just stupid, the vast majority of big games this days does nothing new at all.  And if games with not extremely big budgets are not big, then I guess New Super Mario Bros is not big at all despite having sold more than 70 milions of copies with only 4 non-multiplatform games.

Soooo...... Star fox zero is gonna be big because the last one was big? Isn't that what I said, it is big on name alone.

You provided no real reason as to why star fox zero will be big. The graphics aren't impressive not is the gameplay impressive nor does the budget seem promising not does the development time of the game seem promising. The game might not be bad, but there is really nothing to distinguish it as a 'big' title.

New super mario bros wii introduced local multiplayer to mario. New super mario was a stellar and unique ds platformer that revived 2d mario games. Both also had decent budgets while having the benefit of the company's mascot.

everything goes back to how you define big. But star fox zero is definitely not one in my book as it portrays nothing unique or noticeable about the development, marketing, or the game itself

Goodnightmoon said:
midrange said:

Bullshit

LOL

The last real Star Fox sold 500k copies, this is a C tier franchise at best

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Bullshit

LOL

The last real Star Fox sold 500k copies, this is a C tier franchise at best

¿?

The last real Star Fox was on N64, the worst selling Star Fox sold 500k don´t confuse yourself, and that was a weak spin off from NDS, except from this spin off and the 3DS remake of the original (that sold 850k, not bad for a remake) all the others are million sellers, even the lame Assault.