By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U basically averages two "big" games a year.

This has basically become the "pattern" right? 

There is one "big" Wii U game during the first 6-8 months of the year -- Pikmin 3 (2013), Mario Kart 8 (2014), and Splatoon (2015). The first half of the year for the Wii U basically every year is one big extended drought with an oasis on a single big release around spring/summer time. 

Then you get your "big" fall title and a couple of games around that ... Mario 3D World (2013), Smash U (2014), and Mario Maker (2015). 

I guess Europe got Yoshi's Wooly World this year a bit earlier. 

Around the Network

You mean Star Fox (2015), right?

I'm now filled with determination.

Pikmin is a "big" game? :-|

I'm assuming by "big" you mean production value then games like Bayonetta 2 and XCX should be there.  If you mean big in terms of sales then Pikmin 3 shouldn't be there.

not that i really disagree, but what is the point that you are trying to make here? Looks about ritgh for console that is failing at selling.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network

If Pikmin 3 is counted as a big game than this year it has:

- Splatoon
- Mario Party 10 (is gonna be a million seller this year for sure)
- Super Mario Maker
- Yoshi Woolly world
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Star Fox Zero

^ She/He knows.

Pikmin isn't really a big game, but that's all 2013 had for the first half of the year, lol.

It's basically 1 major game for the first 6 months, then 1 major game for the second 6 months flanked by 2-3 decent titles. 

Goodnightmoon said:

If Pikmin 3 is counted as a big game than this year it has:

- Splatoon
- Mario Party 10 (is gonna be a million seller this year for sure)
- Super Mario Maker
- Yoshi Woolly world
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Star Fox Zero

Plus if this is only about sales and Pikmin 3's the standard then his list is also missing Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors for last year, both heading past a million at a slow-but-steady pace, just like Pikmin 3 did.

This may also be why Nintendo said "no thanks" to making a PS4-level console. They can barely supply 4-5 "big" releases a year as is, if you up to visual fidelity even further, games will become even more costly and take even longer to come out.