By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U basically averages two "big" games a year.

i would argue one OK game not so much big hitter.

Around the Network
gabzjmm23 said:

third party titles are the Injustice, Trine 2 and COD.  the statement - "there was even third party titles like Injustice, Trine 2 and COD. i don't see what s wrong there except the which should be there instead of the.

Check the quote again, particularly the bolded bits.

Goodnightmoon said:

If Pikmin 3 is counted as a big game than this year it has:

- Splatoon
- Mario Party 10 (is gonna be a million seller this year for sure)
- Super Mario Maker
- Yoshi Woolly world
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Star Fox Zero

This.

Kresnik said:
Wyrdness said:

You're wrong there, for the first 6 months the was MH3U, NSMB, ZombiU, LCU and NSLU in the months before Pikmin, the was even third party titles like Injustice, Trine 2 and COD finding their way on to the platform at the time. After Pikmin Released the was W101, Rayman Legends, Wind Waker HD, Scribblenauts, Deus EX, Arkham Origins and ACIV:BF leading up to SM3DW which goes against what you're saying as 2013 was actually quite a solid year for the Wii U.

I think you need to double-check your definition of what a third-party game is.

I think you need to double check the context because games like COD, Injustice and such aren't finding their way on the platform now where as back then they were.

Kresnik said:
gabzjmm23 said:

third party titles are the Injustice, Trine 2 and COD.  the statement - "there was even third party titles like Injustice, Trine 2 and COD. i don't see what s wrong there except the which should be there instead of the.

Check the quote again, particularly the bolded bits.

those are 3rd party exclusives - MHU3 and ZombieU.  and MHU3 is a big title for Capcom converting 3DS to Wii U with HD graphics.  Zombie U is a Ubisoft Wii U exclusive.  not sure about sales, but MHU3 is a 'big' game in my view.  Zombie U is around A/AA type of game. not sure about the marketing cost about Zombie U at that time.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

I think you need to double check the context because games like COD, Injustice and such aren't finding their way on the platform now where as back then they were.

gabzjmm23 said:

those are 3rd party exclusives - MHU3 and ZombieU.  and MHU3 is a big title for Capcom converting 3DS to Wii U with HD graphics.  Zombie U is a Ubisoft Wii U exclusive.  not sure about sales, but MHU3 is a 'big' game in my view.  Zombie U is around A/AA type of game. not sure about the marketing cost about Zombie U at that time.

Actually, never mind me.  I think I'm the one who mis-interpreted the OP.  Sorry.

You are not counting Wonderful 101 and Donkey Kong:TF? Get out of here.

Its more evenly distributed than MS, which just releases all their big exclusives during the holidays.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

THe only big game is see this year is X

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Are people seriously arguing that Pikmin 3 isn't a "big" game?

That would entirely depend on who you ask. To lots of the series' fans a new Pikmin was a very big thing indeed.

Ask the same people whether a new Street Fighter is a big thing to them, and it might not be.