By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony delivers God of War next year, 2016 will be the best 1st party year EVER

Tagged games:

Happy Poll! Choose your favorite

God of War 4 37 16.02%

Gran Turismo 7 17 7.36%

Horizon 67 29.00%

The Last Guardian 35 15.15%

Uncharted 4 75 32.47%

Total:231
DivinePaladin said:
A good first party year might actually make up for the barren two years they've had so far. I'm not expecting TLG or GT7 to hit before 2017 though, and GoW might be best pushed to 2017 too so that Horizon doesn't have competition, as weak as the competition against a dead genre like hack/slash may be.

Hack and slash is not dead lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

next year will be best year for sony

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

2013 was pretty good in terms of big Sony first party games. Most of them released on PS3.

Don't copy random editorials.

alternine said:
DivinePaladin said:
A good first party year might actually make up for the barren two years they've had so far. I'm not expecting TLG or GT7 to hit before 2017 though, and GoW might be best pushed to 2017 too so that Horizon doesn't have competition, as weak as the competition against a dead genre like hack/slash may be.

Hack and slash is not dead lol

That would explain the declining sales of games in the genre and the apathy the general fanbase has towards them now. GoW used to be the only one that had casual selling power but Ascension ruined that. 

BraLoD said:
DivinePaladin said:

TLG is scheduled to 2016, and that's how it is, if it'll happen or not we just don't know, as any other game, really.

Now, the guy in charge of GT already said we will never wait this much, when asked about a 2017 release.

The guy in charge of GT also said he could just port 6 instead of starting on 7 right away and that he wasn't sure, and that was right after the PS4 was announced. 

And I'm not believing anything regarding TLG until we get a date set in stone and a lot of gameplay/buildup. Not a window and not just a LITTLE gameplay. I want the game to be good but I can't just believe 2016 for a game that's restarted development and almost collapsed several times

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Sony beating WiiU in therms of first party support in 2016 :)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:

They better considering the lacklustre 2013-2015 for the PS4.

Their exclusive first party line-up thus far:

- Knack: got panned by the critics and only sold over a million copies because it was bundled with the PS4 in Japan.

- Driveclub: released broken at launch and got mediocre reviews.

- The Order 1866: commercial and critical flop.

- Bloodborne: their only great exclusive first party game on the library.

- Infamous: Second Son: a decent if somewhat uninspired game.

- Their annual MLB franchise: meh.

That's pretty terrible for a console in its third year.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Qwark said:

They better considering the lacklustre 2013-2015 for the PS4.

Their exclusive first party line-up thus far:

- Knack: got panned by the critics and only sold over a million copies because it was bundled with the PS4 in Japan.

- Driveclub: released broken at launch and got mediocre reviews.

- The Order 1866: commercial and critical flop.

- Bloodborne: their only great exclusive first party game on the library.

- Infamous: Second Son: a decent if somewhat uninspired game.

- Their annual MLB franchise: meh.

That's pretty terrible for a console in its third year.

Bloodborne is a payed exclusive, not a 1st party game...

and you have forgotten that lame zombie game that got a upgrade.

BraLoD said:
generic-user-1 said:

Bloodborne is a payed exclusive, not a 1st party game...

and you have forgotten that lame zombie game that got a upgrade.

How said it's paid? Sony own's it and codeveloped with From Software.

It's basically like Pokemon.

And Sony doesn't have a zombie game on PS4.

no its not like pokemon, its like bayo...

and TLOU remastered isnt on ps4?

generic-user-1 said:
BraLoD said:

How said it's paid? Sony own's it and codeveloped with From Software.

It's basically like Pokemon.

And Sony doesn't have a zombie game on PS4.

Well then please go ahead and explain how Bloodborne is like Bayonetta and not like Pokemon.

BraLoD said:
generic-user-1 said:

It's like Pokemon as well, Game Freak released other games for other companies as well.

Yes it is, it isn't a zombie game though. Neither lame.

sure its a zombie game, and its lame as hell.  just because they came up with some bullshit explaination for the zombies doesnt mean they arent zombies(ND watched to many bad documentations about animals...).