By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony delivers God of War next year, 2016 will be the best 1st party year EVER

Tagged games:

Happy Poll! Choose your favorite

God of War 4 37 16.02%

Gran Turismo 7 17 7.36%

Horizon 67 29.00%

The Last Guardian 35 15.15%

Uncharted 4 75 32.47%

Total:231
BraLoD said:
brute said:
Sony in 2011 probably tops this:

Uncharted 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
MLB 11: The Show
God of War Origins Collection
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
PixelJunk Shooter 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
PixelJunk Sidescroller

Even removing the remastered collections (note collection not just single game like nowadays) and the psn only titles, the year was still fantastic from Sony.

I don't think so, as pointed already here 2015 also have more aside of those, more Japan Studios and Media Molecule as well, but I don't think 2011 had 5 like those, I would highlight Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Infamous and Killzone there, but only Uncharted there would be as big as those now, and maybe Dreams can be as successful as LBP so it would be ever better, but even wthout it I would still rather take those 5 over 2011, without a doubt tbh.

I know the saying is Quality> Quantity, but all those mentioned there scored over 80 on Metacritic except for Motorstorm if I remember correctly. Plus I might have missed a few titles as well. 

Also, if we just go by "big" titles, 2013 would be a contender as well, Gran Turismo 6, God of War Asencsion, Beyond Two Souls (this can be debated as a "big" title) and not to mention the biggest of them all; The Last of Us. There not 5 big ones, but they can still compete, GT6 vs GT7, GoW:A vs GoW4, Beyond Two Souls vs Horizon and Last of Us vs U4. Only no counter to Last Guardian, but it had a few "smaller titles as well. Pupeteer, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper and MLB 13.

2016 looks epic, but let's see if those titles deliver though, also assuming they all release in 2016.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

As long as it's not God of War IV. As much as I loved Kratos' journey of self lothing, revenge, and ultimately, in the final 2 minutes of GoWIII redemption, I want a to get to know a new character with completely different motivations for going on a blood soaked mass god (and anyone else who happens to be standing in the vicinity) killing spree.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
Gonna have a hard time outshining the GOTY 2016.

That would be?

Rocket League DLC.

jk

Mirror's Edge of course.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
BraLoD said:

That would be?

Rocket League DLC.

jk

Mirror's Edge of course.

oooh I get it. "Mirror's Edge". Can't outshine it cos of reflections

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

Rocket League DLC.

jk

Mirror's Edge of course.

I was expecting a FF15 answer

FF works on a different plane of existence. It could very well be the very worst FF game of all time including spinoffs but it's still a FF game so it's better than everything on that list.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
vivster said:

FF works on a different plane of existence. It could very well be the very worst FF game of all time including spinoffs but it's still a FF game. But it's still FF so it's better than everything on that list.

I wouldn't go as far as that but if there is a game we already know that I think will be going for GOTY to compete with Uncharted, it's FF.

I want it so much!

Why wait? I'm pretty sure there are some male strip clubs in your area. You'll get the full FFXV experience long before release!

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

Why wait? I'm pretty sure there are some male strip clubs in your area. You'll get the full FFXV experience long before release!

What about my summoning fix? There is also no chocobos, behemoths, cactuars, moogles, nothing.

There is no way I'll grt the full experience

Summon some gil from your wallet and perform the "Make it rain" spell upon dem man-hoes

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

What about my summoning fix? There is also no chocobos, behemoths, cactuars, moogles, nothing.

Pretty sure they have some magic drinks with pills that can help you out with that.

Also who said any of that would be in the actual game? It's pretty much just guys waving their schlongs around for 100+ hours.

vivster said:
BraLoD said:

Pretty sure they have some magic drinks with pills that can help you out with that.

Also who said any of that would be in the actual game? It's pretty much just guys waving their schlongs around for 100+ hours.

Starring: Cocktis Nailem

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:

Summon some gil from your wallet and perform the "Make it rain" spell upon dem man-hoes

Summoning "gil" from my wallet would be harder than actually summoning something with actual magic hahah

I hear ya. The struggle is real man

#1 Amb-ass-ador