By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony delivers God of War next year, 2016 will be the best 1st party year EVER

Tagged games:

Happy Poll! Choose your favorite

God of War 4 37 16.02%

Gran Turismo 7 17 7.36%

Horizon 67 29.00%

The Last Guardian 35 15.15%

Uncharted 4 75 32.47%

Total:231
brute said:
Sony in 2011 probably tops this:

Uncharted 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
MLB 11: The Show
God of War Origins Collection
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
PixelJunk Shooter 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
PixelJunk Sidescroller

Even removing the remastered collections (note collection not just single game like nowadays) and the psn only titles, the year was still fantastic from Sony.

This is for first party games, if your gonna include Resistance 3 then OP could include Ratchet and Clank and MLB will ofc be there in 2016.  

Around the Network
brute said:
Sony in 2011 probably tops this:

Uncharted 3
LittleBigPlanet 2
The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
MLB 11: The Show
God of War Origins Collection
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
PixelJunk Shooter 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
PixelJunk Sidescroller

Even removing the remastered collections (note collection not just single game like nowadays) and the psn only titles, the year was still fantastic from Sony.

2015 couuld easily top this.

Uncharted 4 >>>>> Uncharted 3

Ratchet and Clank looking better than any other on PS3

TLG , a new team ico game> a collection

Horizon > any other game made by Guerilla for sure

Dreams > Little Big Planet ( much more ambitious, real 3D creation without any pre assets, the trailer speaks for itself, everything created with the game)

Gravity Rush 2 possibly since it's in development since 2-3 years now

Return of Sony Bend on home console with an ambitious horror open world game

Hunger ( lovely game reminding Puppeter )

Quantic Dream game probably

Wild

And surely more to come ( God Of War ? GT 7 ? ) , 2015 can easily top that

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I don't know, 2010 was a great year for Nintendo, and in my book was better than Sony's hypothetical 2016 (let's not even talk if some of Sony's games get delayed):

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epìc Yarn
Metroid Other M
Sin and Punishment 2
Xenoblade Chronicles (in Japan)
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

And the difference would be even bigger if we mention third party exclusives.

Vodacixi said:

I don't know, 2010 was a great year for Nintendo, and in my book was better than Sony's hypothetical 2016 (let's not even talk if some of Sony's games get delayed):

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epìc Yarn
Metroid Other M
Sin and Punishment 2

He is talking about home consoles, and you're mixing handheld games + games that didnt release in 2010 in the west, here what we got on Wii in 2010.

PS4 2016 is far better than Wii 2010( that was decent but that's all) in term of 1st party at the moment.

Very doubtful that a God of War game is coming in 2016.... Sony Microsoft and Nintendo's big franchises are taking alot longer than last generation(and MUCH longer than the PS2 era) so I think the soonest we will see God of War, Gran Turismo etc is 2017. I hope I am wrong but we all know Sony tend not to rush their games(see Gran Turismo 5 and The Last Guardian...).

Around the Network
Aerys said:
Vodacixi said:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epìc Yarn
Metroid Other M
Sin and Punishment 2

He is talking about home consoles, and you're mixing handheld games + games that didnt release in 2010 in the west, here what we got on Wii in 2010.

PS4 2016 is far better than Wii 2010( that was decent but that's all) in term of 1st party at the moment.

I don't see the words "home console" anywhere in the original post. As far as I can tell, he's talking about first party releases. I can understand that some may think that the lack of handheld games on his list is due to him refering exclusivley to home console releases, but I think that's actually because of the lack of PS Vita first party relesases. So yeah, my list is valid. And, while Xenoblade was not released in the west until 2011 (2012 in US), Nintendo finished it and published it in 2010. Should I not be able to count Last Window because it was not released in the americas? Europe and Japan had it, Nintendo made it, it was launched on that year. Due to the fact that I don't see any restriction in the OP about where the game should be released to count, it counts to me. Case closed.

But even without Xenoblade, Nintendo 2010 still beats Sony 2015. In my opinion, of course

Officially announce a GoW4 first then we'll talk lol

Vodacixi said:
Aerys said:
Vodacixi said:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epìc Yarn
Metroid Other M
Sin and Punishment 2

I don't see the words "home console" anywhere in the original post. As far as I can tell, he's talking about first party releases. I can understand that some may think that the lack of handheld games on his list is due to him refering exclusivley to home console releases, but I think that's actually because of the lack of PS Vita first party relesases. So yeah, my list is valid. And, while Xenoblade was not released in the west until 2011 (2012 in US), Nintendo finished it and published it in 2010. Should I not be able to count Last Window because it was not released in the americas? Europe and Japan had it, Nintendo made it, it was launched on that year. Due to the fact that I don't see any restriction in the OP about where the game should be released to count, it counts to me. Case closed.

But even without Xenoblade, Nintendo 2010 still beats Sony 2015. In my opinion, of course

Well anyone on this thread understood he's talking a bout best 1st party year for a home console because no one compared to other years with handheld games and even him when talking about past years didnt say a word about 2012 and 2013 vita games, so that seems obvious he's talking only about home consoles and handheld are off topic, ask him yourself if you really think you are right about his intentions making this thread and the case will be closed.

Aerys said:
Vodacixi said:
Aerys said:
Vodacixi said:

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epìc Yarn
Metroid Other M
Sin and Punishment 2

Well anyone on this thread understood he's talking a bout best 1st party year for a home console because no one compared to other years with handheld games and even him when talking about past years didnt say a word about 2012 and 2013 vita games, so that seems obvious he's talking only about home consoles and handheld are off topic, ask him yourself if you really think you are right about his intentions making this thread and the case will be closed.

If that's the case, then I would be wrong and I will accept it . But I think this is more of one more of  the tones of moments when Sony and Microsoft fans completly forget about handhelds when talking about videogames in general. So it's not like he was thinking specifically about home consoles when he made the post, but him ignoring handhelds because he didn't think about them. So, it's not my problem if he forgets or don't know things. And my previous comments would be valid due to that. The OP was not clear at all, so it's not my fault.

A good first party year might actually make up for the barren two years they've had so far. I'm not expecting TLG or GT7 to hit before 2017 though, and GoW might be best pushed to 2017 too so that Horizon doesn't have competition, as weak as the competition against a dead genre like hack/slash may be.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!