By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 5 Sales Predictions.

Halo 5 sales predictions

Under 6 million 111 26.24%

6-8 million 142 33.57%

9-10 million 96 22.70%

11-12 million 35 8.27%

13-14 million 3 0.71%

15 million+ 36 8.51%

Total:423

2.4m FW.

8.5m lifetime

Around the Network

2.6M FW
9.25M lifetime

First week: 3.1M
Lifetime: 9.5M

Got to go with the safe 3mil FW and 10mil lifetime really.

FW: 1.85
LT : 6.5

It's a strange thing.

Many other gaming series has increased in popularity from COD to Battlefield or decreased rapidly. Halo, hasn't really moved much, a million here or there may be up or down but Halo Reach and 4 still sold around 10m.

Even though XO numbers are around the same as 360 numbers, the decline in popularity in Europe for both Xbox and Halo brands indicates that its not going to hit 10m numbers. I recken Gears of War 2/3 type numbers for this will be realistic. A shame really.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
bouzane said:

So the XBONE isn't going to sell a single additional unit moving forward restricting Halo 5? No offense but I swear that nobody bothers to learn anything about sales on this forum (which would be fine if not for the very nature of this site). By your logic it was impossible for Gran Turismo 3 to sell 15 million units on such a tiny userbase at launch. The thing is though, the PS2 kept selling after GT3 was released. It's funny how that works isn't it?

Yeah but the xbox probably will sell 30 million max, for 10 million halos 30% should have bought it.

30 million seems WAY to low for the XB1. The only way that could happen is if the XB1 stops being sold in 2016. And I estimate a predecessor will come around 2019, and its discontinued 2021-2022. I see 100 million much more likely than only 30 million (though both are unrealistic).

13 milion lifetime 4 first month

bouzane said:
pitzy272 said:
I said 6-8.

For those saying 10mill...XBO is at like 12-13 mill right now. How would 10mill sales for halo 5 make sense?

So the XBONE isn't going to sell a single additional unit moving forward restricting Halo 5? No offense but I swear that nobody bothers to learn anything about sales on this forum (which would be fine if not for the very nature of this site). By your logic it was impossible for Gran Turismo 3 to sell 15 million units on such a tiny userbase at launch. The thing is though, the PS2 kept selling after GT3 was released. It's funny how that works isn't it?

Haha easy there guy. Read into my message a little. My point is the lowish sales of the XBO. I'm fully aware of how sales work, but ppl are predicting sales close to Halo 3 levels. Halo 3 released on a system that was the #1 in the world (also, as an aside, Halo 3 released when halo was at it's peak. It is no longer peaking). Peoples predictions involve an expectation for, in my opinion, an unreasonable attach ratio. XBO, following it's current sales rate, will likely be at around 30mill in 2-2.5yrs. After this period of time, u would expect halo to be at least approaching it's LT sales number. So 10mill would mean a 30% attach ratio. Has any Halo game had a 30% attach ratio? If so, I will stand, corrected. 

Also, your GT3 comparison is flawed, again due to the popularity issue. Sure, it's possible for some games to sell more than their predecessors despite a smaller user base, but it has to involve an attach ratio within reason.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing, but responding so arrogantly tends to make ppl look bad especially when it turns out they misunderstood the other poster's message. 

pitzy272 said:
bouzane said:

Haha easy there guy. Read into my message a little. My point is the lowish sales of the XBO. I'm fully aware of how sales work, but ppl are predicting sales close to Halo 3 levels. Halo 3 released on a system that was the #1 in the world (also, as an aside, Halo 3 released when halo was at it's peak. It is no longer peaking). Peoples predictions involve an expectation for, in my opinion, an unreasonable attach ratio. XBO, following it's current sales rate, will likely be at around 30mill in 2-2.5yrs. After this period of time, u would expect halo to be at least approaching it's LT sales number. So 10mill would mean a 30% attach ratio. Has any Halo game had a 30% attach ratio? If so, I will stand, corrected. 

Also, your GT3 comparison is flawed, again due to the popularity issue. Sure, it's possible for some games to sell more than their predecessors despite a smaller user base, but it has to involve an attach ratio within reason.

For the record, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing, but responding caustically tends to get negative responses. As seen in posts other than just mine. 

What? Your expecting the XB1 to reach 30 million LT, or in a few years? It'll probably be past 30 million by holiday 2016. It'll still have another 2-3 years before a successor, and it'll still sell quite a bit until its discontinued.

Cue the usual low Xbox predictions...
I don't see why it shouldn't safely go over 10m lifetime, considering new Xbox One owners over the years will pick it up. It won't just sell to existing X1 owners y'know.