By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes: Nintendo NX will be released in 2016.

The article also mentions Nintendo has a time line for perhaps a summer 2016 (July) launch (Japan?).

That indicates to me again that this is a portable or portable centric platform which replaces both the 3DS and Wii U.

Around the Network

Also another interesting bit from the article, Macronix is one of the suppliers expecting orders for the new system.

Macronix makes 3DS cartridges for Nintendo. So say bye bye to discs (most likely), but this has been predicted here for a while, it's one of the few thing Rol and I agree on. 

Miyamotoo said:

Supply chain players gear up for new Nintendo console

Japan-based Nintendo is planning to launch its next-generation games console in 2016 and has recently asked its supply chain partners to start pilot production in October, at the latest. The console will be manufactured by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), but Pegatron Technology is aggressively trying to snatch some of the orders, according to sources familiar to the plan.

Pegatron and Foxconn both declined to comment.

Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016 and has started visiting its supply chain partners recently. The orders are expected to be finalized in February or March 2016 and mass production will start in May or June 2016, while the console's official launch may take place around July, the sources said.

Nintendo reportedly is looking to ship 20 million Nintendo NX in the first year. The shipment volume of Wii U is estimated at two million units in 2015, according to Digitimes Research.

Component suppliers such as Foxconn Technology, Macronix, PixArt Imaging, Coxon Precise Industrial, Nishoku Technology, Delta Electronics, Lingsen Precision Industries and Jentech, are also expected to land orders from Nintendo for the new console, the sources added.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150702PD204.html

Digitimes.com is well known for informations about part orders, sales, announcing new manufacturing techs and stuffs like that, they have they own sources with manufacturers and they well informed about all that stuffs.

"Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016", this part is incorrect, Nintendo announced that they will revealed NX in 2016. not that they will releas. Also, launch of new console around July is very unusual.

I think Nintendo could again pull what they done with Wii coming from GameCube.

NX could be more stronger Wii U with new gimmick with affordable price.
I think gimmick could be that NX is some sort of hybrid, portable console with screen that can be connected on TV and can be used like home console too, with Wii U games support. It want be next generation of Nintendo console, but more new console in this gen alongside with 3DS and Wii U, but of course in time they will stop supporting 3DS/Wii U and they will be focused only on NX.

As you mentioned the fact that the report says that Nintendo announced in March their plan to release NX 2016,while it never did it,makes the report untrustworthy!

Also it point outs that wii u shipments for 2015 so far is 2m...No way it shipped 1.6m  wii  u in Q2(FY 15 Q1) and I don't have to rationalize that...:P

Lastly,the 20m target for  the first year is somewhat excessive...

Soundwave said:
tak13 said:

Yeah soundwaveeeeeeeee!Congratulations,rule out completely that the report might be false...

Digitimes is fairly reliable and well connected. Nintendo will likely come out tomorrow and deny the report, but it's probably true. Denial is the first stage of acceptance. 

Because it says what you want to hear?

Don't you see that the report mentions that Nintendo announced in March their plan to release NX in 2016,while they never did that?

tak13 said:
Soundwave said:
tak13 said:

Yeah soundwaveeeeeeeee!Congratulations,rule out completely that the report might be false...

Digitimes is fairly reliable and well connected. Nintendo will likely come out tomorrow and deny the report, but it's probably true. Denial is the first stage of acceptance. 

Don't you see that the report mentions that Nintendo announced in March their plan to release NX in 2016,while they never did that?

Digitimes isn't some stupid fan site or "Nintendo Hut" or something like that. It's a tech industry news outlet, they called a lot of the PS4 and XBox One stuff while they were in development too. They have sources inside parts suppliers. There would be nothing to leak if Nintendo wasn't actively going out and preparing their supply partners to start getting ready for new hardware. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
tak13 said:
Soundwave said:
tak13 said:

Digitimes isn't some stupid fan site or "Nintendo Hut" or something like that. It's a tech industry news outlet, they called a lot of the PS4 and XBox One stuff while they were in development too. They have sources inside parts suppliers. There would be nothing to leak if Nintendo wasn't actively going out and preparing their supply partners to start getting ready for new hardware. 

Did I say otherwise?I just suggested you to be cautious,because the report has controversial parts...

Article seems fake. Only the fact that NX will release in 2016 seems right imo.

Unless they got their hands on information pertaining to the QoL stuff and mistaken it for the NX. Which is highly likely considering, I don't think any console to date has launched with 20 million units, Nintendo can do some daft things but I don't think they will mess up this way. For a historical reference one of the problems with the Gamecube is they over produced one year, having to totally stop production killing customer demand for both retail and end customer. The number alone means that it a customer grade product that is in much bigger market such as Health/Medical.

The non-existant lead time to make games is another thing. There have been articles about a developer turning Nintendo down because of the time frame they wanted it done. And now that they have some HD development under their belt and know good games take time I don't think they would rush it out to market. (Though this is more acedotal evedence then anything.)

And the seems to have a pretty extensive list of part manufatures there but none really deal with CPU/GPU manufacturing, there is a SoC manufacture but with the absence of AMD/IBM/Nvidia/Intel on that list this points to something that doesn't need a powerful CPU or GPU which points to the QoL thing.

Dr.Vita said:
Article seems fake. Only the fact that NX will release in 2016 seems right imo.

Like I said, Digitimes is quite credible, also the list of partners they've cited there in the article do match up with Nintendo, several of them have worked with Nintendo in the past (ie: Macronix, PixArt, etc.). 

tak13 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Supply chain players gear up for new Nintendo console

Japan-based Nintendo is planning to launch its next-generation games console in 2016 and has recently asked its supply chain partners to start pilot production in October, at the latest. The console will be manufactured by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), but Pegatron Technology is aggressively trying to snatch some of the orders, according to sources familiar to the plan.

Pegatron and Foxconn both declined to comment.

Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016 and has started visiting its supply chain partners recently. The orders are expected to be finalized in February or March 2016 and mass production will start in May or June 2016, while the console's official launch may take place around July, the sources said.

Nintendo reportedly is looking to ship 20 million Nintendo NX in the first year. The shipment volume of Wii U is estimated at two million units in 2015, according to Digitimes Research.

Component suppliers such as Foxconn Technology, Macronix, PixArt Imaging, Coxon Precise Industrial, Nishoku Technology, Delta Electronics, Lingsen Precision Industries and Jentech, are also expected to land orders from Nintendo for the new console, the sources added.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150702PD204.html

Digitimes.com is well known for informations about part orders, sales, announcing new manufacturing techs and stuffs like that, they have they own sources with manufacturers and they well informed about all that stuffs.

"Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016", this part is incorrect, Nintendo announced that they will revealed NX in 2016. not that they will releas. Also, launch of new console around July is very unusual.

I think Nintendo could again pull what they done with Wii coming from GameCube.

NX could be more stronger Wii U with new gimmick with affordable price.
I think gimmick could be that NX is some sort of hybrid, portable console with screen that can be connected on TV and can be used like home console too, with Wii U games support. It want be next generation of Nintendo console, but more new console in this gen alongside with 3DS and Wii U, but of course in time they will stop supporting 3DS/Wii U and they will be focused only on NX.

As you mentioned the fact that the report says that Nintendo announced in March their plan to release NX 2016,while it never did it,makes the report untrustworthy!

Also it point outs that wii u shipments for 2015 so far is 2m...No way it shipped 1.6m  wii  u in Q2(FY 15 Q1) and I don't have to rationalize that...:P

Lastly,the 20m target for  the first year is somewhat excessive...

Loot of sources transferred that information, that Nintendo will launch NX in 2016. not mentioned that Nintendo said revealed. So that is mistake but no so strange mistake.

It points shipments (produced) 2m Wii U consoles for whole 2015.

Maybe..