By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes: Nintendo NX will be released in 2016.

Supply chain players gear up for new Nintendo console

Japan-based Nintendo is planning to launch its next-generation games console in 2016 and has recently asked its supply chain partners to start pilot production in October, at the latest. The console will be manufactured by Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry), but Pegatron Technology is aggressively trying to snatch some of the orders, according to sources familiar to the plan.

Pegatron and Foxconn both declined to comment.

Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016 and has started visiting its supply chain partners recently. The orders are expected to be finalized in February or March 2016 and mass production will start in May or June 2016, while the console's official launch may take place around July, the sources said.

Nintendo reportedly is looking to ship 20 million Nintendo NX in the first year. The shipment volume of Wii U is estimated at two million units in 2015, according to Digitimes Research.

Component suppliers such as Foxconn Technology, Macronix, PixArt Imaging, Coxon Precise Industrial, Nishoku Technology, Delta Electronics, Lingsen Precision Industries and Jentech, are also expected to land orders from Nintendo for the new console, the sources added.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150702PD204.html

Digitimes.com is well known for informations about part orders, sales, announcing new manufacturing techs and stuffs like that, they have they own sources with manufacturers and they well informed about all that stuffs.

"Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016", this part is incorrect, Nintendo announced that they will revealed NX in 2016. not that they will releas. Also, launch of new console around July is very unusual.

I think Nintendo could again pull what they done with Wii coming from GameCube.

NX could be more stronger Wii U with new gimmick with affordable price.
I think gimmick could be that NX is some sort of hybrid, portable console with screen that can be connected on TV and can be used like home console too, with Wii U games support. It want be next generation of Nintendo console, but more new console in this gen alongside with 3DS and Wii U, but of course in time they will stop supporting 3DS/Wii U and they will be focused only on NX.

Around the Network

2016 seems a year too early. Is this source reliable at all? I'm a little confused by your title saying it will release in 2016 but you yourself pointing out it will merely be revealed in 2016 heh

20 million first year would certainly suggest handheld.

The NX launching in July and being expected to sell 20 million units, sure make this news sound false. Even if it's a handheld I wouldn't be so optimistic if I was Nintendo.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

cant really believe this in all honesty

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I don't know how reliable this info is but I thought it would be a year later at least.

I suppose, if this is true, e3 will be the reveal and then released during Xmas.

But anyways, as long as Nintendo fans were satisfied with what they got for the WiiU and are ready to jump ship again.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

20 million in first year!!!

If this is true, they better have one STRONG f*cking line up. Otherwise I will be kinda pissed they didn't wait until 2017.

I find this VERY hard to believe though.

There are two things wrong in the article. First, Nintendo stated they want to reveal NX in 2016, not release it. Second is about 20M in first year, you are talking about a console that sells on par with Wii, that is not possible given the market condition now.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Johnw1104 said:
2016 seems a year too early. Is this source reliable at all? I'm a little confused by your title saying it will release in 2016 but you yourself pointing out it will merely be revealed in 2016 heh

20 million first year would certainly suggest handheld.

I pointed that they are wrong about specific part, "Nintendo in March announced its plan of releasing Nintendo NX in 2016".

Digitimes.com is well known for informations about part orders, sales, announcing new manufacturing tech and stuffs like that, they have they own sources with manufacturers and they well informed about all that stuffs.

July... No, they aren't going to release it one month after it's showing at E3 (which then is likely it's reveal even) next year.