By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes: Nintendo NX will be released in 2016.

I think people dont want to hear this news.... is more of a issue, than it possibly being true.

Around the Network

Okay yep. I'm done with you. Entirely done with you. You clearly are pushing your agenda here and since this is the biggest evidence supporting your agenda you're trying to push on me that I'm using nintendo sites to support my claims. Why don't you do yourself a favour and do the search yourself? I'm sure the results will be the same.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

JRPGfan said:
I think people dont want to hear this news.... is more of a issue, than it possibly being true.

Pretty much. I went through the same thing when I said there wouldn't be a real Animal Crossing game on Wii U. Got attacked for saying it, even though the producer of the game basically spelled it out in an interview before hand and just common sense looking at Wii U sales, they were never going to waste a potential 10 million seller on a system that hasn't even sold 10 million itself. 

People get angry when you tell them something they don't want to hear. But y'know whatever. They'll all see Mario NX or whatever and then totally forget about their crusade for Wii U having to be 5 years or bust and start saying the NX is the second coming. 

uran10 said:

Okay yep. I'm done with you. Entirely done with you. You clearly are pushing your agenda here and since this is the biggest evidence supporting your agenda you're trying to push on me that I'm using nintendo sites to support my claims. Why don't you do yourself a favour and do the search yourself? I'm sure the results will be the same.

WIth the whole source thing set aside, how likely do you think nintendo will release NX in 2016?

Aeolus451 said:
uran10 said:

WIth the whole source thing set aside, how likely do you think nintendo will release NX in 2016?

Not very. Its too early when I look at it and their development especially when it comes to these recent years. I don't think they'll rush a product to the market like they Did with Wii U and prepare a lot more to have a successful launch and first year. I don't see that working out with a 2016 launch.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network

The real reason both the 3DS and Wii U had poor launch windows is because Nintendo had to divide their development resources away from each other. Combine the 3DS and Wii U first years together and you get

New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Nintendogs + cats
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Star Fox 64 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D World/Land
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Kid Icarus: Uprising

Add in Pilotwings Resort, Game & Wario, LEGO City, Wind Waker HD. 

Doesn't strike me as a lack of software. It's only a lack of software if you stick to the divided handheld/console setup, which also kind of highlights exactly why Nintendo can't do that going forward.

uran10 said:
Aeolus451 said:
uran10 said:

Not very. Its too early when I look at it and their development especially when it comes to these recent years. I don't think they'll rush a product to the market like they Did with Wii U and prepare a lot more to have a successful launch and first year. I don't see that working out with a 2016 launch.

I think releasing in 2017 or 2018 would better for 'em and more realistic. 2016 is too early.

A just made a perfect slogan for Nintendo.

Nintendo NX.
WiiU U can take with U!

(Copyrighting right now)

Zelda and a 3D Mario could realistically both be ready for that launch window.

The 3D World team has largely been free since fall 2012, by 2016 you're getting into *four* years without a new project from the main EAD Tokyo team.

Zelda can be Twilight Princessed.

Bada bing, bada boom. There's your launch window.

Even Mario Kart 9 for NX is likely well into development by now, the dev team there wrapped on MK8 a year ago.

What kills Nintendo is they have to support 2 platforms, so when they were launching the Wii U, they exhausted themselves trying to save the 3DS and focused a ton on the 3DS, which then predictably led to a large lull in Wii U software. Now they are releasing more Wii U games, but you can see 3DS owners are upset because they're not getting a good flow of games. 

If you unify, this isn't an issue, Nintendo would be able to focus on launching one product and could easily release several good games within the first 6-8 months. So launching in 2016 wouldn't be an issue if that's the direction they're going in. 

Something is realeasing on 2016, there was that huge increase in income from Nintendo's financial forecasts for then (was looking for the thread, but I can't find it).

Back then I thought it was QoL plus handheld, now it looks like it's the handheld, maybe fusion, although everyone apparently wants a home console.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"