By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes: Nintendo NX will be released in 2016.

Random_Matt said:
2wordsranger said:

Your posts would be cute if they weren't so pathetic.

you adamantly believes whatever crap fit's your "fusion" crap. Put this in your mind: There is nothing supporting your theory, so, EVEN IF (and that's a big monumental IF) it ends up happening, it doesn't mean you were insightfull. It would mean you were really lucky with your shot in the dark.

It makes much more sense if nintendo shares A FEW games between handheld and console, with each having it's own exclusives.

Handheld with 200-300 gflops (1 third to 1 half of wii u's power) with maybe more RAM and up to date open gl, shaders... Releases 2016 at $199.

Home console with 5-6 teraflops (10x the Wii U, and 3x the ps4) with 20gb of RAM (4 to OS) and up to date opengl, shaders... Releases mid 2017 at $299.

3x the PS4, imagination world sounds great.

You speak as if that's expensive. but I've seen your previous posts, so I'm not surprised by your attitude.

Around the Network
2wordsranger said:
Soundwave said:

20 million shipment target for the 1st year is massive, that heavily suggest a portable hybrid or multi-form factor line of hardware.

Unless Nintendo has some new magical sex toy controller there's no way they're hitting 20 million with just a vanilla console + controller gimmick, their brand is far too weak in the console arena for that. 

Also XBox 360 (unveiled May 2005), PS4 (unveiled March 2013), XBox One (unveiled May 2013), Nintendo DS (revealed May 2004), and Nintendo 3DS were all released several months after their unveilings. 

So really it was just Nintendo's consoles that weren't following the industry standard. No one wants to see something exciting and then be told they can't buy it for 18 months. 

You adamantly believes whatever crap fits your "fusion" crap. Put this in your mind: There is nothing supporting your theory, so, EVEN IF (and that's a big monumental IF) it ends up happening, it doesn't mean you were insightfull. It would mean you were really lucky with your shot in the dark.

It makes much more sense if nintendo shares A FEW games between handheld and console, with each having it's own exclusives.

Handheld with 200-300 gflops (1 third to 1 half of wii u's power) with more RAM and up to date open gl, shaders... Releases late 2016 at $199.

Home console with 5-6 teraflops (10x the Wii U, and 3x the ps4) with 20gb of RAM (4 to OS). Would feature x86 while finding a way to be compatible with power pc made games, to get retrocompatibility and ease nintendo's developers time. also up to date opengl, shaders... Releases mid 2017 at $299.

Yeah with COD and GTA as exclusives.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

DerNebel said:

Lol, I didn't even read the 20 million part, lol that would be typical Nintendo to have a completely unrealistic first yeat forecast as this. Still don't believe the whole thing though.

3DS first year shipments: 15M

Wii U first year shipmentes: 5M

???

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

This is all entirely made up.

bunchanumbers said:
MoHasanie said:

But what if the NX flops or is too weak? Will we get a NX replacement after 4 years? 

I'm thinking we'll see the successor to NX around the same time as PS5/Xbox Two. Which means that NX will last 4-5 years. So yes.

ps4 and xb1 will have sucessors in 2018 or 2019.

Wii U will get a sucessor in 2016 or 2017, wich will last untill 2021 or 2022.

So, not gonna happen.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:

3x the PS4, imagination world sounds great.

Just ignore that one, he couldn't make a decent Nintendo prediction if his life depended on it.

S.Peelman said:
July... No, they aren't going to release it one month after it's showing at E3 (which then is likely it's reveal even) next year.

Actually it makes perfect sense to do that since sales of the old systems always plunge when a new system is revealed and close to release. If they announce in June and release in November for example, the months in between are lost months when it comes to sales and revenue.

That said even if it's not in June i fully expect it to release in 2016.

Soundwave said:
uran10 said:
Soundwave said:
uran10 said:

Some seem to think so but quite frankly never heard of them and I googled their credibility and I say its fake.

You haven't heard of them because they aren't a game site that regularily reports on video games. They are industry technology site, so unless you have some special interest in say ... Chinese semiconductors, there's no reason to know them. But they've been around for ages, I think I remember reading some Playstation 2 manufacturing news from them. 

I think you purposely ignored the 2nd half of my post ot try to prove your point which by the wave will never work on me cause I don't ever trust a thing or believe a thing you say because of how hard you push your agenda. If it supports your agenda "its true" if it doesn't "Its false". Their credibility isn't good.

Their credibility isn't good because you say so? So if you haven't heard of Time Magazine, their sources must be fake too? 

I would call bullshit on this even if does support my "agenda" if it was something like "Nintendo Fan Hut" reporting it. But Digitimes is legitimate. They have been reporting tech supplier news like this for almost 20 years. 

Here's that Time article you were looking for!

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/14/digitimes-apple-rumors/

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Pavolink said:
DerNebel said:

Lol, I didn't even read the 20 million part, lol that would be typical Nintendo to have a completely unrealistic first yeat forecast as this. Still don't believe the whole thing though.

3DS first year shipments: 15M

Wii U first year shipmentes: 5M

???

With an overlap of probably close to 100%? At a time where mobile gaming was still not as popular as it is today?

Pavolink said:
2wordsranger said:
Soundwave said:

20 million shipment target for the 1st year is massive, that heavily suggest a portable hybrid or multi-form factor line of hardware.

Unless Nintendo has some new magical sex toy controller there's no way they're hitting 20 million with just a vanilla console + controller gimmick, their brand is far too weak in the console arena for that. 

Also XBox 360 (unveiled May 2005), PS4 (unveiled March 2013), XBox One (unveiled May 2013), Nintendo DS (revealed May 2004), and Nintendo 3DS were all released several months after their unveilings. 

So really it was just Nintendo's consoles that weren't following the industry standard. No one wants to see something exciting and then be told they can't buy it for 18 months. 

You adamantly believes whatever crap fits your "fusion" crap. Put this in your mind: There is nothing supporting your theory, so, EVEN IF (and that's a big monumental IF) it ends up happening, it doesn't mean you were insightfull. It would mean you were really lucky with your shot in the dark.

Handheld with 200-300 gflops (1 third to 1 half of wii u's power) with more RAM and up to date open gl, shaders... Releases late 2016 at $199.

Home console with 5-6 teraflops (10x the Wii U, and 3x the ps4) with 20gb of RAM (4 to OS). Would feature x86 while finding a way to be compatible with power pc made games, to get retrocompatibility and ease nintendo's developers time. also up to date opengl, shaders... Releases mid 2017 at $299.

Yeah with COD and GTA as exclusives.

Yeah only 5-6 TFLOPS? Why not 10 or 20 TFLOPS? Not enough magical Nintendium laying around?

Don't forget Final Fantasy VII (once Square-Enix sees how incredible Nintendo's magic 6TFLOP console is they'll kneel before Iwata who will forgive them for ever going running to icky Sony). And Destiny 2. 

I get the feeling Zero actually believes that could happen.