By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digitimes: Nintendo NX will be released in 2016.

DerNebel said:
Console launch in July? Heh, sure...

Handheld part and in Japan. One or two months after in the west. 3DS is not so hot in Japan.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

It's all believable because the PS4 is at lightspeed and next year it will have "99%" marketshare and thats Nintendo's main concern. The longer they wait the less interest people will have on the NX.

This explains why the Nintendo games stop in spring 2016. It will be revealed at e3, released in Japan in July and then released in other regions Holiday season. The 2016 release makes sense in a way of holding Wii U titles to be launch titles for NX which can help sales. If this is true it makes me happy and sad because there may be no true Animal Crossing on Wii U, but we will have a hopefully gteat new console with decent launch titles. I still want a 2017 release though. 

Well, it seems I'm four hours late for the source row, but I think I'll stick with what Iwata said was that they would talk more about the NX next year.

As for Digitimes -

http://techland.time.com/2012/05/14/digitimes-apple-rumors/

Just the first of several hits that came up after googling 'Digitimes reputation'. Not saying they're wrong or right this time around, but they've got a track record of reporting incorrectly.

That's pure silliness.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

20 million shipment target for the 1st year is massive, that heavily suggest a portable hybrid or multi-form factor line of hardware.

Unless Nintendo has some new magical sex toy controller there's no way they're hitting 20 million with just a vanilla console + controller gimmick, their brand is far too weak in the console arena for that. 

Also XBox 360 (unveiled May 2005), PS4 (unveiled March 2013), XBox One (unveiled May 2013), Nintendo DS (revealed May 2004), and Nintendo 3DS were all released several months after their unveilings. 

So really it was just Nintendo's consoles that weren't following the industry standard. No one wants to see something exciting and then be told they can't buy it for 18 months. 

Your posts would be cute if they weren't so pathetic.

You adamantly believes whatever crap fits your "fusion" crap. Put this in your mind: There is nothing supporting your theory, so, EVEN IF (and that's a big monumental IF) it ends up happening, it doesn't mean you were insightfull. It would mean you were really lucky with your shot in the dark.

It makes much more sense if nintendo shares A FEW games between handheld and console, with each having it's own exclusives.

Handheld with 200-300 gflops (1 third to 1 half of wii u's power) with more RAM and up to date open gl, shaders... Releases late 2016 at $199.

Home console with 5-6 teraflops (10x the Wii U, and 3x the ps4) with 20gb of RAM (4 to OS). Would feature x86 while finding a way to be compatible with power pc made games, to get retrocompatibility and ease nintendo's developers time. also up to date opengl, shaders... Releases mid 2017 at $299.

One thing that I WANT for the home console is a controller that's an evolution of the wiimote + nunchuck. It would be shaped similaly to wii u pro controller with the same buttons, but would actually be two controllers that can be put together to play traditionaly or separeted for motion control gaming. the zr and zl buttons would be pressure sensible.

Lol, I didn't even read the 20 million part, lol that would be typical Nintendo to have a completely unrealistic first yeat forecast as this. Still don't believe the whole thing though.

2wordsranger said:
Soundwave said:

20 million shipment target for the 1st year is massive, that heavily suggest a portable hybrid or multi-form factor line of hardware.

Unless Nintendo has some new magical sex toy controller there's no way they're hitting 20 million with just a vanilla console + controller gimmick, their brand is far too weak in the console arena for that. 

Also XBox 360 (unveiled May 2005), PS4 (unveiled March 2013), XBox One (unveiled May 2013), Nintendo DS (revealed May 2004), and Nintendo 3DS were all released several months after their unveilings. 

So really it was just Nintendo's consoles that weren't following the industry standard. No one wants to see something exciting and then be told they can't buy it for 18 months. 

Your posts would be cute if they weren't so pathetic.

you adamantly believes whatever crap fit's your "fusion" crap. Put this in your mind: There is nothing supporting your theory, so, EVEN IF (and that's a big monumental IF) it ends up happening, it doesn't mean you were insightfull. It would mean you were really lucky with your shot in the dark.

It makes much more sense if nintendo shares A FEW games between handheld and console, with each having it's own exclusives.

Handheld with 200-300 gflops (1 third to 1 half of wii u's power) with maybe more RAM and up to date open gl, shaders... Releases 2016 at $199.

Home console with 5-6 teraflops (10x the Wii U, and 3x the ps4) with 20gb of RAM (4 to OS) and up to date opengl, shaders... Releases mid 2017 at $299.

3x the PS4, imagination world sounds great.

Launch date is one thing. But regardless of launch date they need big IPs plus 3rd party AAA/AA titles to get a good install base. A diverse lineup with a Zelda, Mario 3d and Metroid would be nice plus get a SE, Capcom and other western dev game to diversify.

MoHasanie said:
bunchanumbers said:

This is good news! This means that NX will be around for years and years. As long as NX has the right power, it could be a great situation for Nintendo.

But what if the NX flops or is too weak? Will we get a NX replacement after 4 years? 

I'm thinking we'll see the successor to NX around the same time as PS5/Xbox Two. Which means that NX will last 4-5 years. So yes.