Not exactly.. EAD won't be developping much more for WiiU, but that doesn't mean there won't be second and third parties in charge of Nintendo IPs for WiiU.
In 2016 we MAY still get the following (big name) titles:
- The Legend of Zelda (EAD 3)
- SMT x Fire Emblem (confirmed) (SPD 3, Intelligent Systems and Atlus)
- Pokken (SPD 2, Game Freak and Namco Bandai)
- Project Treasure (free to play though) (Namco Bandai)
- New Animal Crossing (EAD 2) (?)
- a game by Retro, Monster Games or Kuju entertainment (planned by SPD 3)
- New Rhythm Heaven (SPD 1 and TNX) (?)
- New Endless Ocean (SPD 2 and Arika) (?)
- Obligatory platform game (SPD 2 and most likely Tose) (?)
- New Mario Golf (SPD 4 and Camelot) (?)
- New Paper Mario (SPD 3 and Intelligent Systems)
- New Kid Icarus (SPD 3 and Sora Ltd.)
Next to that, it is also stil possible we will see spin-offs and sequels to already released games for WiiU which reuse existing assets (Hyrule Warriors 2 comes to mind), as well as a DLC for games released in 2015 and smaller games (like SNES Remix or something similar).
BTW. I'm not saying all these games WILL come to WiiU, I'm just saying that there is still a chance for Nintendo to make it worthwile for people to own a WiiU in 2016.