By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The future of Nintendo: what’s to come after Spring 2016? (1)

Tagged games:

MakeAccountLater said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well we have rumors that Method is working on new game, and Nintendo confirmed that Metroid Prime is not in development currently, so there are good coaches that Retro is working with Monster Games on Diddy Kong Racing for launch for NX, and I dont think that is bad think. In that case Diddy Kong Racing would be very different experience comparing with Mario Kart 8, similar like in N64 era when both games were great. After NX launch Retro would have plenty times for at least one new game.

I agree for Splatoon 2.

You are right: it's not a bad thing, but I'd like to see both Monster and Retro working on different titles.. just so we get two great games instead of one  in the near future . I'll be playing Diddy 2 for sure! I was just wondering what other franchise Retro would work on if not Donkey or Diddy related. It could also be that Retro is working on Diddy with the helpl of Monster, and that Monster is working on their own title (Wave Race, 1080, Excite, F-Zero?). That would be great as well.

Metroid, something completely new...I think Donkey Kong 3D would be quite interesting too.



Around the Network

So....fuck all?



Miyamotoo said:
MakeAccountLater said:

You are right: it's not a bad thing, but I'd like to see both Monster and Retro working on different titles.. just so we get two great games instead of one  in the near future . I'll be playing Diddy 2 for sure! I was just wondering what other franchise Retro would work on if not Donkey or Diddy related. It could also be that Retro is working on Diddy with the helpl of Monster, and that Monster is working on their own title (Wave Race, 1080, Excite, F-Zero?). That would be great as well.

Metroid, something completely new...I think Donkey Kong 3D would be quite interesting too.

A new 3D Donkey Kong would be an excellent contender! I think they're done with Metroid for now. As I've said in a previous post, my guess is that Next Level Games will get a shot at making the next Prime after Federation Force (unless that actually does turn out to be a horrible horrible game).



Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

I really like your thread and think this is a good idea, it's good to see all the info written down. I'd caution against suggesting stuff like Twilight Princess or Four Swords remakes being in development, that seems more like wishful thinking than reasoned analysis. Nintendo are working on both a new 3D and a new multiplayer Zelda, so I don't see any reason for remakes.

Project Giant Robot appears to have been quietly shelved, from what I've read; it may re-appear further down the line. Project Guard has been handed over to Platinum to be developed into a full game, see this just after the landmaster screenshot: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-16-nostalgia-and-experiment-meet-in-star-fox-zero

I'd also wonder, given the cross-overs in DLC for Kart 8, if the Mario Kart team are now making Super Smash Racing, or Nintendo All-Stars Kart for NX, rather than Kart 9. Again, that's mostly speculation, though. I look forward to seeing a breakdown of what Nintendo's satellite studios have been working on.



MakeAccountLater said:
Miyamotoo said:

Metroid, something completely new...I think Donkey Kong 3D would be quite interesting too.

A new 3D Donkey Kong would be an excellent contender! I think they're done with Metroid for now. As I've said in a previous post, my guess is that Next Level Games will get a shot at making the next Prime after Federation Force (unless that actually does turn out to be a horrible horrible game).

They said that they dont have Metroid currently in development but that they have plans for Metroid and that they here fans.



Around the Network
ednice said:
So....fuck all?

Not exactly.. EAD won't be developping much more for WiiU, but that doesn't mean there won't be second and third parties in charge of Nintendo IPs for WiiU.

In 2016 we MAY still get the following (big name) titles:

- The Legend of Zelda (EAD 3)

- SMT x Fire Emblem (confirmed) (SPD 3, Intelligent Systems and Atlus)

- Pokken (SPD 2, Game Freak and Namco Bandai)

- Project Treasure (free to play though) (Namco Bandai)

- New Animal Crossing (EAD 2) (?)

- a game by Retro, Monster Games or Kuju entertainment (planned by SPD 3)

- New Rhythm Heaven (SPD 1 and TNX) (?)

- New Endless Ocean (SPD 2 and Arika) (?)

- Obligatory platform game (SPD 2 and most likely Tose) (?) 

- New Mario Golf (SPD 4 and Camelot) (?)

- New Paper Mario (SPD 3 and Intelligent Systems)

- New Kid Icarus (SPD 3 and Sora Ltd.)

Next to that, it is also stil possible we will see spin-offs and sequels to already released games for WiiU which reuse existing assets (Hyrule Warriors 2 comes to mind), as well as a DLC for games released in 2015 and smaller games (like SNES Remix or something similar).

BTW. I'm not saying all these games WILL come to WiiU, I'm just saying that there is still a chance for Nintendo to make it worthwile for people to own a WiiU in 2016.



Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Asriel said:
I really like your thread and think this is a good idea, it's good to see all the info written down. I'd caution against suggesting stuff like Twilight Princess or Four Swords remakes being in development, that seems more like wishful thinking than reasoned analysis. Nintendo are working on both a new 3D and a new multiplayer Zelda, so I don't see any reason for remakes.

Project Giant Robot appears to have been quietly shelved, from what I've read; it may re-appear further down the line. Project Guard has been handed over to Platinum to be developed into a full game, see this just after the landmaster screenshot: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-16-nostalgia-and-experiment-meet-in-star-fox-zero

I'd also wonder, given the cross-overs in DLC for Kart 8, if the Mario Kart team are now making Super Smash Racing, or Nintendo All-Stars Kart for NX, rather than Kart 9. Again, that's mostly speculation, though. I look forward to seeing a breakdown of what Nintendo's satellite studios have been working on.

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed, some of it is wishful thinking. Still, the most logic thing that could come from the EAD 4/Grezzo relationship would be another Zelda remake in my opinion. On the other hand, Grezzo may get to remake another N64 title for 3DS (like Yoshi's Story or Wave Race 64). Or Nintendo may just drop them like a rock. It's all possible, that's why I'm calling it a guesstimate

Thanks for the info on Project Guard! Didn't know that. It doesn't really matter overall though. EAD 5 has a history of co-developing ALL of their games. I don't see them starting another big project until Star Fox Zero is finished. Maybe they'll do a little Steel Diver game for WiiU still, but I have my doubts about that.

And yup, Mario Kart 9 may be something more of a Super Smash Racing. Or they can plan a lot more DLC for it with cross-over characters. We'll see.



Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Games like Nintendogs and Wii Sports are dead so I want expect new ones at all, and Yoshi’s Island Maker doesn't seem realistic at all.



Miyamotoo said:
Games like Nintendogs and Wii Sports are dead so I want expect new ones at all, and Yoshi’s Island Maker doesn't seem realistic at all.


The most recent Nintendogs sold over 3 million, much lower than the original but still very strong sales for a $40 pet simulator. We don't really know how well a new Wii Sports game would sell, Wii Sports Club wasn't a new entry, it was literally an HD remaster of the first one. A Wii Sports 3 on an appealing device could sell well, definitely not nearly as well as the first 2 installments but a few million wouldn't be impossible.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.


Pokken Fighters
SMT x Fire Emblem
Mario & Sonic Rio Olympics
Mario Tennis (delayed to 2016)
Super NES Remix
Diddy Kong Racing U (Retro Studios)
Legend of Zelda (also for NX)
Paper Mario U

Would be a decent year.