By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The future of Nintendo: what’s to come after Spring 2016? (1)

Tagged games:

MakeAccountLater said:
amp316 said:

I love Bayonetta 2.  Much better than Hyrule Warrioes.  It's a shame that Hyrule Warriors smashed it in sales since it takes place in the Zelda universe.

Ha, I hear you once again, but apparently it is harder to sell a sexy witch that has guns on her heels than octupi squirting ink, or a guy in a green leotard that gets help from fairies. What a world we live in!

Well on a Nintendo console that's not strange at all. I would be shocked if it happened on the twins.
Maybe.



Around the Network
97alexk said:
MakeAccountLater said:
97alexk said:

I need a metroid game from retro studios next year, either 2D or 3D, is probably not in the prime series, and i want a paper mario Wii U, if we get that im satisfied

A 2D Metroid game from Retro doesn't seem very likely, sadly enough. 2D Metroid is mostly handled by SPD 1 because of Sakomoto's presence, while the relationship with Retro is handled by SPD 3. On the other hand, Sakomoto is division leader now, so... I don't know: you can always hope. If Retro were to make another Metroid game it would probably be a Prime game, but most likely the next Prime will be made by Next Level Games and they're still finishing up that Federation Force game.

With regards to Paper Mario, that one is handled by SPD 3 and Intelligent Systems. Intelligent Systems has been very bussy, so I'm not sure they have enough people left to finish a Paper Mario game for WiiU. I'm hoping to see this one as well, as much as you are, but I'm doubtful it will happen.

But what are we gonna have for Wii U in 2016 and 2017?

Don't have high hopes from Wii U in 2017. but 2016. is a still a mystery.



Miyamotoo said:
97alexk said:
MakeAccountLater said:
97alexk said:

I need a metroid game from retro studios next year, either 2D or 3D, is probably not in the prime series, and i want a paper mario Wii U, if we get that im satisfied

A 2D Metroid game from Retro doesn't seem very likely, sadly enough. 2D Metroid is mostly handled by SPD 1 because of Sakomoto's presence, while the relationship with Retro is handled by SPD 3. On the other hand, Sakomoto is division leader now, so... I don't know: you can always hope. If Retro were to make another Metroid game it would probably be a Prime game, but most likely the next Prime will be made by Next Level Games and they're still finishing up that Federation Force game.

With regards to Paper Mario, that one is handled by SPD 3 and Intelligent Systems. Intelligent Systems has been very bussy, so I'm not sure they have enough people left to finish a Paper Mario game for WiiU. I'm hoping to see this one as well, as much as you are, but I'm doubtful it will happen.

But what are we gonna have for Wii U in 2016 and 2017?

Don't have high hopes from Wii U in 2017. but 2016. is a still a mystery.

well if the NX reveals late 2017, we gotta have some other games in 2017 aswell, they cant just make the whole 2016 and 2017 full of spin-offs xD THey know they have to reveal something big



amp316 said:
MakeAccountLater said:

Thanks a lot!

I hear you. I think that they were themselves probably surprised by Splatoon's enormous success. Indeed, the power of advertising, but I think word of mouth is proving to be important on this one as well. It really is a fun game, and I've been telling my friends how fun it is. Something which I didn't even bother to do with Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta 2 (which are awesome games, nontheless).

I love Bayonetta 2.  Much better than Hyrule Warrioes.  It's a shame that Hyrule Warriors smashed it in sales since it takes place in the Zelda universe.

Why thats a shame!? Hyrule Warriors is very good game in Zelda universe, Bayonetta 2 is also very good game but very specific genre.



97alexk said:
Miyamotoo said:
97alexk said:
MakeAccountLater said:
97alexk said:

I need a metroid game from retro studios next year, either 2D or 3D, is probably not in the prime series, and i want a paper mario Wii U, if we get that im satisfied

A 2D Metroid game from Retro doesn't seem very likely, sadly enough. 2D Metroid is mostly handled by SPD 1 because of Sakomoto's presence, while the relationship with Retro is handled by SPD 3. On the other hand, Sakomoto is division leader now, so... I don't know: you can always hope. If Retro were to make another Metroid game it would probably be a Prime game, but most likely the next Prime will be made by Next Level Games and they're still finishing up that Federation Force game.

With regards to Paper Mario, that one is handled by SPD 3 and Intelligent Systems. Intelligent Systems has been very bussy, so I'm not sure they have enough people left to finish a Paper Mario game for WiiU. I'm hoping to see this one as well, as much as you are, but I'm doubtful it will happen.

But what are we gonna have for Wii U in 2016 and 2017?

Don't have high hopes from Wii U in 2017. but 2016. is a still a mystery.

well if the NX reveals late 2017, we gotta have some other games in 2017 aswell, they cant just make the whole 2016 and 2017 full of spin-offs xD THey know they have to reveal something big

NX revealing is in 2016. but we still dont know when will be released, 2016. or 2017.



Around the Network
97alexk said:

But what are we gonna have for Wii U in 2016 and 2017?

Eeeerrrrr.... ???

No, there's the few games they've announced for 2016 (SMT x Fire Emblem and Zelda). From EAD I think we're still going to get Animal Crossing and maybe Twilight Princess HD and some smaller games (SNES Remix? Yoshi's Island Maker?). Haven't looked at the other developers yet... Paper Mario isn't impossible. SMT x Fire Emblem is mostly developped by Atlus and other than that Intelligent Systems has only co-produced Game & Wario for WiiU, but their focus really has been on 3DS this generation.

Pokken and Project Treasure are also coming in 2016.

Other than that I honestly don't know. Maybe they will release sequels/ spin off for games they have already released for WiiU? Hyrule Warriors 2? Pikmin 4 (if cross gen)?

I'll get back to you once I've taken a look at the other studios.



Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Miyamotoo said:
amp316 said:

I love Bayonetta 2.  Much better than Hyrule Warrioes.  It's a shame that Hyrule Warriors smashed it in sales since it takes place in the Zelda universe.

Why thats a shame!? Hyrule Warriors is very good game in Zelda universe, Bayonetta 2 is also very good game but very specific genre.

It's a shame because Bayonetta 2 is a much better game in the exact same genre.  That genre is called hack n slash.  

Do you think that level grinding on a hack n slash game is fun?  If so, that's cool, but I don't.

Back on topic, I'd love to see Monster Games make a new racing game.  Somethng new in the Excite series perhaps?



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

97alexk said:

I need a metroid game from retro studios next year, either 2D or 3D, is probably not in the prime series, and i want a paper mario Wii U, if we get that im satisfied


Tanabe basically confirmed there is no Metroid Prime game from Retro in development, if they were to start now it would take 2-3 years to develop and would have to be for the NX according to him. So that's out. 

Paper Mario U? I'd say maybe. 

Mario Kart 9, The "Real" Animal Crossing, Mario 3D (Mario Galaxy 3?) are in development for NX right now I would guess. Splatoon 2 for NX probably is underway already too, the sales are strong so that's a no-brainer. 



mZuzek said:
Nice thread.

I disagree with some of your predictions though. Then again I'm not too much into going far with predictions, so I'm not even thinking about what each studio is probably doing and stuff. In the end, I don't think there's any chance we'll see a Twilight Princess HD on the Wii U at this point.

Also, I'm pretty sure Platinum Games completely took over development for either Project Giant Robot or Project Guard... or both.

Thanks!
You may be right. Some of it is just wishful thinking

Twilight Princess HD... I'm just guessing what they're going to ask Grezzo to do now that they've finsihed their N64 Zelda remakes. Are they going to let them work on their own Zelda game? That would have to mean they'd start working with EAD 3 and those guys have enough on their plate at the moment. So I'm guessing another Zelda remake, and there's not a whole lot left to remake...

EAD 5 is a bit of an odd development group. They haven't actually made a single game without collaborating with another developer (even for Steel Diver), so you are probably right about Giant Robot and Guard, but that would change little to their normal output. Maybe this means we will still get a Steel Diver game for WiiU (HD version?), but I honestly couldn't name anybody who would be interested in that. I though Steel Diver was okay, but it's not a franchise I would like to see become a main staple.



Check the Make Account Later blog @ www.makeaccountlater.wordpress.com

Follow me on Twitter @MCJFranck

Really well written post. Very informative. Let's all hope that the WiiU will get enough support through the rest of it's life..



Playing: F1 2016 (PC), Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Watching: Hajime no Ippo, Attack on Titan (4th time)
Upcoming purchases in October:
-TBD