By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will have no local split-screen for Campaign or MP - "performance related compromise"

ZyroXZ2 said:
Honestly, with online as strong and robust as it is today, I don't see this as much of a problem except for super serious fans of the Halo series (which is obviously not all Halo fans).

If you and your friends love Halo that much, chances are you and your friends all have Xbox Ones. I don't see a Halo fan saying, "nah, I don't want to own Halo 5, I'd rather only play it when I go to my friend's house"

Apparently, halo fans do not have brothers, sisters, or roomates that they'd like to play with, and don't need the option of being able to play with people in the same room.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
Honestly, with online as strong and robust as it is today, I don't see this as much of a problem except for super serious fans of the Halo series (which is obviously not all Halo fans).

If you and your friends love Halo that much, chances are you and your friends all have Xbox Ones. I don't see a Halo fan saying, "nah, I don't want to own Halo 5, I'd rather only play it when I go to my friend's house"

Apparently, halo fans do not have brothers, sisters, or roomates that they'd like to play with, and don't need the option of being able to play with people in the same room.

Apparently, Halo fans have brothers, sisters, or roommates that all want to play Halo with them.

Sure, the "option" is nice, but the times have changed.  No one can deny that splitscreen co-op is such a very, VERY small majority of playtime.  Even the Wii U serves to prove that local multiplayer, AS MUCH AS I ENJOY IT AND I ALL-CAPS AND BOLD THIS SO YOU REALIZE I UNDERSTAND, just can't thrive anymore.

The people who will play hours upon hours of Halo with you in co-op campaign or Warzone?  Yea, they'll have an Xbox One and Halo themselves.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ZyroXZ2 said:
JWeinCom said:

Apparently, Halo fans have brothers, sisters, or roommates that all want to play Halo with them.

Sure, the "option" is nice, but the times have changed.  No one can deny that splitscreen co-op is such a very, VERY small majority of playtime.  Even the Wii U serves to prove that local multiplayer, AS MUCH AS I ENJOY IT AND I ALL-CAPS AND BOLD THIS SO YOU REALIZE I UNDERSTAND, just can't thrive anymore.

The people who will play hours upon hours of Halo with you in co-op campaign or Warzone?  Yea, they'll have an Xbox One and Halo themselves.

Agreed! I used to play split screen with my cousin to Halo 2. Once we saw how much better it was playing across XBL we went that route. I will miss having him next to me but these days it would be harder to do with our schedules. It's much easier to play together from the comfort of our own homes. Plus I didn't buy a huge TV to game on just so I could give up half of my screen. I always hated that part about splitscreen.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

ZyroXZ2 said:
JWeinCom said:

The reason times have changed is because people are willing to accept less and less.  Features are being hacked out of our games, and
the fact that these new systems have less features is unacceptable.  This is really a feature they could easily and reasonably implement.  The 60FPS excuse is bullshit. They could just as easily leave the feature in and drop it to 30FPS.

The simple fact is that discontinuing this feature won't hurt sales alot.  Halo fans will be miffed, but not enough so to not buy the game.  And instead of choosing to lose a small bit of money to provide a better experience for their most loyal fans, they decided to deliver a half assed experience.

Gamers have shown that they're willing to tolerate a lot of crap which is why we're continually getting things like on disc DLC, broken game, gigs of patches, cut modes and so on.  Hopefully at some point this will bit publishers in the ass.

Having a more powerful console sounds like a good reason to remove split screen LOL
Good thing I don't have an Xbox one.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

The reason times have changed is because people are willing to accept less and less.  Features are being hacked out of our games, and
the fact that these new systems have less features is unacceptable.  This is really a feature they could easily and reasonably implement.  The 60FPS excuse is bullshit. They could just as easily leave the feature in and drop it to 30FPS.

The simple fact is that discontinuing this feature won't hurt sales alot.  Halo fans will be miffed, but not enough so to not buy the game.  And instead of choosing to lose a small bit of money to provide a better experience for their most loyal fans, they decided to deliver a half assed experience.

Gamers have shown that they're willing to tolerate a lot of crap which is why we're continually getting things like on disc DLC, broken game, gigs of patches, cut modes and so on.  Hopefully at some point this will bit publishers in the ass.

You are SO dramatic... The new systems have more features than ever before... And I'm pretty sure not having splitscreen doesn't mean suddenly they're delivering a "half-assed" experience...

It's not about tolerating "crap", it's about the increased complexity of what gamers continue to demand while remaining financially viable as a company.  If gamers literally got everything they wanted, the gaming industry would completely crash and close down as every publisher and developer can't keep their doors open trying to keep everyone happy.  Instead, this "unhappy" gamer is a vocal minority (thank god!), and publishers are not catering to them, but instead what keeps their employees able to feed their families.

In the case of Halo 5, the removal of splitscreen was most likely, yes, that they didn't want to scale down the engine for the 1 hour out of every 500 hours of playtime that someone would be playing splitscreen.  Obviously, this is a far more minor situation compared to all the other things you angrily brought into the topic at hand, and yet people such as yourself are turning it into a massively big deal.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
ohmylanta1003 said:
BMaker11 said:

Wait, does this include local multiplayer and taking a team of 4 onto XBL? If so, that sucks.

But it won't be a huge thing to whine about.

If that's the case, then my chances of getting an Xbox One will drop to 0. I almost got one for Christmas last year (it was already purchased, actually) but backed out after the MCC issues. I was waiting to see how Halo 5 would turn out, but if there is zero split screen whatsoever, I will definitely not be buying an Xbox One.

You where really planning to get one???

Split screen, the least used option in gaming, I refuse to play it and yet this is the reason you won't buy?

We all believe you... Accept it makes no sense at all.

JWeinCom said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

LOL, Yes the sky is falling, lets all run... No it seems that all people that would have never bought Xbox one anyone have something to say and compain about a system they are not willing to buy.

However Destiny was the greatest game on earth to many here, doesn't support split-screen.

DJEVOLVE said:

LOL, Yes the sky is falling, lets all run... No it seems that all people that would have never bought Xbox one anyone have something to say and compain about a system they are not willing to buy.

However Destiny was the greatest game on earth to many here, doesn't support split-screen.

Are you seriously suggesting that all Xbox/Halo fans are fine with this? Just because the Xbox community around these parts isn't ever willing to voice their complaints against MS doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.

DerNebel said:
DJEVOLVE said:

LOL, Yes the sky is falling, lets all run... No it seems that all people that would have never bought Xbox one anyway have something to say and complain about a system they are not willing to buy.

Are you seriously suggesting that all Xbox/Halo fans are fine with this? Just because the Xbox community around these parts isn't ever willing to voice their complaints against MS doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.

People really don't care about it, accept the opposition on Vgchartz.