By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: The Last Guardian needs to sell better than Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus

Roronaa_chan said:
That shouldn't be too hard. And Shu said it wasn't very expensive anyway

He still said that it was way more expensive than SotC and ICO

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Roronaa_chan said:
That shouldn't be too hard. And Shu said it wasn't very expensive anyway

And you believed that?

Why wouldn't I? Jim Ryan wouldn't know much about a japanese project

They're gonna have to promote it well then. The E3 trailer certainly didn't look that interesting though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

They're gonna have to promote it well then. The E3 trailer certainly didn't look that interesting though.

Ehhh...Word of mouth usually works too. I guess.

Well they better not delay it again or else it will get Duke Nukem Forever sydrome where the reality will never ever live up the the hype.

Around the Network

It probably will. And saying that The Last Guardian is more popular than both ICO and SoTN is an understatement....

.- -... -.-. -..

Guitarguy said:
Well they better not delay it again or else it will get Duke Nukem Forever sydrome where the reality will never ever live up the the hype.

Duke Nukem didn't live up because it was a bad game, and that includes being a bad Duke game. People had objective complaints about it. Such a syndrome doesn't exist.

That's guarateed. There is more hype and anticipation for TLG than ICO and SOTC ever had.

zumnupy10 said:
That's guarateed. There is more hype and anticipation for TLG than ICO and SOTC ever had.

Pretty much. People actually bought a PS3 just for The Last Guardian, for some reason it just resonates with people. It's very intriguing.

I doubt it will well very well. It might do ok in Japan but I'm thinking that in the rest of the world it will be a niche game with a small following.