By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: The Last Guardian needs to sell better than Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus

I think TLG will sell a large amount of units, I'm thinking something along the lines of how Naughty dog games sold on PS3 ( ~6 million ). The game is hyped and most of the core PS fans ( Hoping there's atleast 6 million of them on PS4 ) will buy this game, no questions asked.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Sorry but if this game is just a standard platformer, it will sell poorly.

Sharpryno said:

There is absolutely nothing standard about team ICO games, which is why they are held to a certain standard. When they came out they were considered ahead of their time and underrated marvels. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sharpryno said:

There is absolutely nothing standard about team ICO games, which is why they are held to a certain standard. When they came out they were considered ahead of their time and underrated marvels. 

With the graphics we saw I'd say it looks great for a PS3 game.  For a PS4 title, the graphics are severely lacking.  Just nothing from the E3 reveal looked interesting.  Maybe there will be more to the game. 

Sharpryno said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

With the graphics we saw I'd say it looks great for a PS3 game.  For a PS4 title, the graphics are severely lacking.  Just nothing from the E3 reveal looked interesting.  Maybe there will be more to the game. 

With all this downplaying I finally caved in and watched the footage

Wow, that exceeded my expectations. Awesome blend of Ico and SotC, huge scale, individual leaves and grass blades move with the wind, structures brake up realistically, character animation is great, textures are all detailed. This could never have run on ps3. Gameplay looks like what I was hoping for too, and I'm sure there will be much more elaborated puzzles and exploration parts in the game.

It's missing ambient occlusion, heavy temporal motion blur and god rays, is that what's making it look last gen?
Severly lacking compared to what?

Around the Network

well i will buy my copy so there is 1 sale confirmed already hope it does well.

SvennoJ said:
Sharpryno said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

With all this downplaying I finally caved in and watched the footage

Wow, that exceeded my expectations. Awesome blend of Ico and SotC, huge scale, individual leaves and grass blades move with the wind, structures brake up realistically, character animation is great, textures are all detailed. This could never have run on ps3. Gameplay looks like what I was hoping for too, and I'm sure there will be much more elaborated puzzles and exploration parts in the game.

It's missing ambient occlusion, heavy temporal motion blur and god rays, is that what's making it look last gen?
Severly lacking compared to what?

Welp, being a primarily PC player I guess I have much higher standards.  The textures do not look great, look how flat the surface he is walking on looks.  The draw distance is better than what a PS3 could do but overall I feel like it would look almost identical on the PS3.   It looks completely similiar to when it was first announced with better lighting.  

But I don't even care about that graphics so much, it just did not look fun to play.  Maybe it will later down the road. 

Sharpryno said:

Welp, being a primarily PC player I guess I have much higher standards.  The textures do not look great, look how flat the surface he is walking on looks.  The draw distance is better than what a PS3 could do but overall I feel like it would look almost identical on the PS3.   It looks completely similiar to when it was first announced with better lighting.  

But I don't even care about that graphics so much, it just did not look fun to play.  Maybe it will later down the road. 

True, maybe I would expect more as well if I had played the witcher 3 on pc... Running around in Novigrad on PS4 looks far behind what TLG put up there. (yes openworld and all that, yet textures in W3 are a mess in Novigrad) Anyway, it's hard to judge from a you tube video, I'm already glad it doesn't look like smeared pixels as usual. What they showed on ps3 ran sub 10 fps, so not that surprising it's not that different. 720p < 10fps to 1080p30, you've pretty much already used all the extra power :/

Tastes differ I guess. It looks exactly what I would like to play. Just more eloborate puzzles and exploration.

I think it can break 1m lifetime, but considering Ico and SotC sales its hard to see it break 2m some day.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

They are probably saying it has to sell a few million to be counted as a 'success'.

But I honestly feel it wont sell more than 1.1mill LT.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda