By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: The Last Guardian needs to sell better than Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus

Cloudman said:
Lawlight said:
Cloudman said:
Considering how much has likely gone into TLG, yeah, I figure they'll need for it to do really well to get back the amount spent on the game, and I feel it may not be that easy. Maybe people may have been waiting for it for a long time, but I don't think that will equal big sales. Seeing it now, I wonder what it is people are so excited about this game, aside from it coming from Team Ico?

It being from Team Ico is enough reason though. This game will sell consoles though even if the sales themselves aren't stellar.

I don't think that is a good enough reason, honestly. I also have a bit of a doubt it will sell consoles like others claim, but  we'll have to see.

Well, it's either taking their time and release a working game that isn't profitable or release a broken game that makes a profit. Also, why do you doubt that it will sell consoles?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Qwark said:
It's a very artistic and a Japanse game, I highly doubt it's even going to break even. 2.5 million lifetime

How is it in any way a Japanese game?

On a side note, Ico sold 700,000, which isn't too bad.

at what price though?

Wow is this a joke you delayed the damn game so long lot of people forgot about it, or dont care and now it's gamer that have to step up lol.

Lawlight said:
Cloudman said:
Lawlight said:
Cloudman said:
Considering how much has likely gone into TLG, yeah, I figure they'll need for it to do really well to get back the amount spent on the game, and I feel it may not be that easy. Maybe people may have been waiting for it for a long time, but I don't think that will equal big sales. Seeing it now, I wonder what it is people are so excited about this game, aside from it coming from Team Ico?

It being from Team Ico is enough reason though. This game will sell consoles though even if the sales themselves aren't stellar.

I don't think that is a good enough reason, honestly. I also have a bit of a doubt it will sell consoles like others claim, but  we'll have to see.

Well, it's either taking their time and release a working game that isn't profitable or release a broken game that makes a profit. Also, why do you doubt that it will sell consoles?

I mostly doubt it because while Team Ico games have garnered praise from critics, their games have been niche and don't sell a large amount of units, and from the looks so far, I don't think TLG is a kind of game that will appeal well to the general audiences. That's how I see it at least.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

SvennoJ said:

Puzzle adventure games aren't very well suited to you tube viewing. You'll get an idea what it looks like and maybe bits of the story, yet the emtional connection and internal struggle of the characters, ie the magic of the games, will be lost. That's probably also why the reactions to the trailer are quite different from those that have played and enjoyed ICO and SotC to those that see it out of context.

This is one case where the lack of BC really hurts. The HD collection is awesome, yet only available on ps3 :(
I would buy it again in a heartbeat for ps4, yet I doubt Sony is willing to risk the backlash for another remaster.

Well, watched those two games, and I think I am going to like TLG. Really like the puzzle platforming stuff I saw, reminds me a bit of old Tomb Raiders that I love. 

I'm looking forward to TLG much more now after watching some of the videos. 

(And from my limited exposure, I like ICO more).

Around the Network
MDX said:
Lawlight said:

How is it in any way a Japanese game?

On a side note, Ico sold 700,000, which isn't too bad.

at what price though?

Who knows but seeing how Ico was going for full retail price before the HD port came out, I'd say a pretty good price.

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
Lawlight said:
Cloudman said:

agreed on it most likely not being a console seller, but I think it can sell console to a very specific audience. 

disagreed on saying it being from Team Ico is not enough reason for ppl to excited about it. I think that plays a very big part in its appeal.

I def think it will sell well to a specific audience too. It is a game many people have been waiting a long time for it, and are really glad to see it finally coming out.

I would like to know what it is people are so excited about TLG. Is it something people are expecting there to be since it is from Team Ico? What are are people expecting?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

venomcarnage said:
Wow is this a joke you delayed the damn game so long lot of people forgot about it, or dont care and now it's gamer that have to step up lol.

Yes, because they naturally delayed the game without a good reason...

Kyuu said:
Cloudman said:
Lawlight said:

What is it exactly that makes a reason good enough?

The fans liked what they saw + it's coming from a highly praised, unique developer. Also, according to Ueda, the game will have ties with ICO and Shadow of The Colossus. So by exploring the game, we might be able solve some of the mysteries surrouding this captivating world.

A more detailed reason why fans are excited for it, I guess... : ) Team Ico doesn't quite say a lot to me, as I haven't played any of their games.

Dance my pretties!

The market is very different from how it was back then, this type of game has a far bigger audience then what was available during the PS2 days. It'll easily sell 1m based on hype, 2m upwards if it has top tier critical reception