By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto is not making hardware decisions for the NX

Good to hear. But I dout it will actually help much in NX specs.

Around the Network

Just make sure the Wii brand is gone and the 1 billion Wii controller variants can rot in hell so they can create a new controller. That's all I want. The console can be under powered to oblivion if it means they can do those 2 things.

Good to hear, I want to see a console that every one can work on, not one that supports a lame gimmick and only Nintendo can work on

For NX I fear the main problem, that could disappoint a lot of Nintendo gamers, could not be really specs related, but function related.

Roma said:
bunchanumbers said:

But he has done things for better or worse that led to certain failures within Nintendo. He insisted on motion controls for Skyward Sword. He made Wii Music. It seems like he gets a idea in his head and he insists on it. Not being flexible when it comes to hardware most likely led to Wii U becoming what it became.

Motion in SS was really fun and it shows that he wants to move foreword unlike the rest of the gaming world including most gamers. Motion controls could have been improved upon and made even better but sadly gamers are so traditional and fear change! You can bet they will have a new controller for NX as they have already said they don't want the competition to copy them as usual.

he is not really the only person making decisions on hardware and that is why people shouldn't blame only one man for it. Everyone makes mistakes and we shouldn't expect only bad things after he has done so many great things.

You know how traditional gamers work. They like what they like and its the same old same old. If they made motion controls a option then I bet that Skyward Sword doesn't end up being considered among the worst Zelda game among the core gamer. If they had a zelda game like the tech demo they showed for GCN and Wii U at launch I bet both systems sell better. Its just how it works with the core gamer. They're not interested in how they interact with the game if it is different from what they are used to.

Around the Network
rakugakist said:
Maybe I am ignorant, but how is Miyamoto not being involved in Nintendo decisions ever a good idea?

because saying he is out of touch with the gaming market now days would be an understatment. 

Fusioncode said:
Thank God.

Iwata and Reggie still have their say, and its not much different. i still have zero hope for Nintendo to pull off a decent console with the NX. (if it is a home console)

bunchanumbers said:
Roma said:

Motion in SS was really fun and it shows that he wants to move foreword unlike the rest of the gaming world including most gamers. Motion controls could have been improved upon and made even better but sadly gamers are so traditional and fear change! You can bet they will have a new controller for NX as they have already said they don't want the competition to copy them as usual.

he is not really the only person making decisions on hardware and that is why people shouldn't blame only one man for it. Everyone makes mistakes and we shouldn't expect only bad things after he has done so many great things.

You know how traditional gamers work. They like what they like and its the same old same old. If they made motion controls a option then I bet that Skyward Sword doesn't end up being considered among the worst Zelda game among the core gamer. If they had a zelda game like the tech demo they showed for GCN and Wii U at launch I bet both systems sell better. Its just how it works with the core gamer. They're not interested in how they interact with the game if it is different from what they are used to.

There were many problems with SS, including problems with SSs's combate, that were not motion control related.

Great news. Its time for Miyamoto to retire. I still think the NX will be very under powered though.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This news is, more likely than not, a good thing. Miyamoto (along with Reggie, Iwata and some others) is so out of touch with the gaming industry. Miyamoto probably should have retired in 2011 or 2012 so he could retire with much more dignity than he has now.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima