By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto is not making hardware decisions for the NX

Never said:
Miyamoto wanted the wii to support hd and was the reason the n3ds had the better 3d screen.

Why would anyone be glad he wasnt involved in hardware?

well then why wasnt the Wii in HD? why did it take so long to get a 3d screen that didnt suck?

Around the Network

I will be ecstatic once someone can confirm that no involved with the Wii U's name, specs or overall promotion agenda is not in any major design roll with the NX.

Until then, nice but we are not out of the woods yet.

bunchanumbers said:
Roma said:

blaming success/failure  on a single man is stupid

people hoping for a regular controller can forget about it. Nintendo has already said they aren't talking about how the NX works so that their competitors won't have the time to copy them. that means it will have something new to it

But he has done things for better or worse that led to certain failures within Nintendo. He insisted on motion controls for Skyward Sword. He made Wii Music. It seems like he gets a idea in his head and he insists on it. Not being flexible when it comes to hardware most likely led to Wii U becoming what it became.

Motion in SS was really fun and it shows that he wants to move foreword unlike the rest of the gaming world including most gamers. Motion controls could have been improved upon and made even better but sadly gamers are so traditional and fear change! You can bet they will have a new controller for NX as they have already said they don't want the competition to copy them as usual.

he is not really the only person making decisions on hardware and that is why people shouldn't blame only one man for it. Everyone makes mistakes and we shouldn't expect only bad things after he has done so many great things.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
bunchanumbers said:

But he has done things for better or worse that led to certain failures within Nintendo. He insisted on motion controls for Skyward Sword. He made Wii Music. It seems like he gets a idea in his head and he insists on it. Not being flexible when it comes to hardware most likely led to Wii U becoming what it became.

Motion in SS was really fun and it shows that he wants to move foreword unlike the rest of the gaming world including most gamers. Motion controls could have been improved upon and made even better but sadly gamers are so traditional and fear change! You can bet they will have a new controller for NX as they have already said they don't want the competition to copy them as usual.

he is not really the only person making decisions on hardware and that is why people shouldn't blame only one man for it. Everyone makes mistakes and we shouldn't expect only bad things after he has done so many great things.

LOL! wow it took them till Skyward Sword to make a game that actually used motion really well and wasnt some sports compilation mini game nonsense. YUp he was really trying to push motion forward. Please. Gamers arent afraid of change, Nintendo and others had ample time to actually improve and make better and they didnt. So here we are.

My 2 cents

The New thing Nintendo are going to be doing with their NX hardware devices (portable, home console) is make them able to use software designed for either so they don't have software droughts anymore and to address the growing move to portable gaming in Japan.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

LOL! wow it took them till Skyward Sword to make a game that actually used motion really well and wasnt some sports compilation mini game nonsense. YUp he was really trying to push motion forward. Please. Gamers arent afraid of change, Nintendo and others had ample time to actually improve and make better and they didnt. So here we are.

nah they where just playing around and thought hey lets throw this out there and see what happens.

yeah obviously gamers like change and never complain about any new input

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

oniyide said:
Never said:
Miyamoto wanted the wii to support hd and was the reason the n3ds had the better 3d screen.

Why would anyone be glad he wasnt involved in hardware?

well then why wasnt the Wii in HD? why did it take so long to get a 3d screen that didnt suck?

Because it wasn't just his call alone and nintendo miscaluated how quickly it would take for hd tvs to become normal and he was voted down.

Don't understand the second question. Myamoto was first shown the new 3d screen tech only weeks before he discver the specs for the n3ds and he ask why they werent usig the new screen tech. I doubt the could have released the new screen tech much earlier.

Well that's a relief. This was the guy that was responsible for the useless c-buttons on the N64 controller, the gimped C-stick on the gamecube controller(I replaced mine with the left-stick variant) and I believe he was responsible for the gamepad on the Wii U?

He was integral for the analog stick on the N64 controller for Super Mario 64's movements so he is not all bad but some decisions of his over the years were downright perplexing and deterimental to the console.

Roma said:
oniyide said:

nah they where just playing around and thought hey lets throw this out there and see what happens.

yeah obviously gamers like change and never complain about any new input

they dont complain when the change is for the good and doesnt blow. Something that couldnt really be said for motion controls at the end of the day

Never said:
oniyide said:

Because it wasn't just his call alone and nintendo miscaluated how quickly it would take for hd tvs to become normal and he was voted down.

Don't understand the second question. Myamoto was first shown the new 3d screen tech only weeks before he discver the specs for the n3ds and he ask why they werent usig the new screen tech. I doubt the could have released the new screen tech much earlier.

well if thats that case he doesnt have as much power and influence as some of us believed?