By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What kind of impact will Forza 2 have in Japan?

It seems that a lot of Sony fans in here aren't paying attention to the charts for Japanese software sales. If Forza 2 shows a spike followed by a spike from Trusty Bell that could be enough to give them a permanent boost in sales. Those 2 back to back may be able to pull in more new hardware sales then 360 has seen yet. Then again they could make no impact and it turn out as business as usual. For the sake of it making things interesting in Japan I would love to see the 360 make a respectable challenge for 2nd place. 1st place is out of reach for both 360 and PS3 this gen in Japan. At least it looks that way at the moment.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

no, things are not going to get interesting. I think it's pretty clear cut right now with Wii in 1st, PS3 in 2nd, 360 in 3rd (in japan). Not only that but there will be big gaps between each of the 3. 360 may outsell PS3 for 1 week when Trusty Bell comes out, but that doesn't mean they are gonna be a challenge for them. Also PS3 may outsell Wii the week a couple major releases come out, but it will only be those weeks.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I think there's a stigma to buying the 360 in Japan that's so strong that if Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XIII both came out for the system it would be lucky to get above 10k a week in hardware sales. Japan has made it clear they don't want to buy Microsoft systems, they want to buy systems from Japanese companies.

Christopher, Your wrong. There is no stigma attached with buying, consuming, or using American products, regardless. If it was true that Japan was 100% xenophobes when it came to entertainment, and media, ect, then our American music artists wouldn't permiate their culture. The West (namely the United States) has permiated J-culture and the entirety of their life. They use our Ipods, they use our PCs. They do not use our 360s for the hundred stated reasons we've given. They won't buy a system that doesn't have games for their tastes. When games that are truely made for Japanese culture come out, the Xbox360, or western games that have Japanese-relevance to them, they sell very well. Blue Dragon has sold incredibly well for the # of systems that are available in Japan. DOA3 and 4 were the same. The issue isn't with the hardware, and the fact that it's Western, it's the fact that the system has too much western software, and not eastern. Don't believe me? Of the top 10 games for the 360, 9 are Japanese developed.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
When games that are truely made for Japanese culture come out, the Xbox360, or western games that have Japanese-relevance to them, they sell very well.

Blue Dragon has sold incredibly well for the # of systems that are available in Japan. DOA3 and 4 were the same. The issue isn't with the hardware, and the fact that it's Western, it's the fact that the system has too much western software, and not eastern. Don't believe me? Of the top 10 games for the 360, 9 are Japanese developed.

Gomen nasai but you really believe that? HAHAHAHA  X D....