By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What kind of impact will Forza 2 have in Japan?

konnichiwa said:
SpaceJase said:
your mother, If there's one thing we've learned in the past 6 months it's that there is no such thing as brand loyalty in Japan, otherwise the PS3 would be doing swimmingly.

@Your mother 'SpaceJase' is right about that.

@both:

Agreed. My comment about loyalty was more referring to Legend11's post about the Japanese and their brand loyalty towards Japanese consoles, but yeah, it's a narrow window, but Microsoft may be able to pull up to the PS3 (inversely, the PS3 may dwindle to 360 sales numbers in Japan).

I should've reworded it as SpaceJase said: "They are both clearly on the wrong side of Japanese gaming trends though. "  That says it very well IMO.

Around the Network
your mother said:
konnichiwa said:
SpaceJase said:
your mother, If there's one thing we've learned in the past 6 months it's that there is no such thing as brand loyalty in Japan, otherwise the PS3 would be doing swimmingly.

@both:

Agreed. My comment about loyalty was more referring to Legend11's post about the Japanese and their brand loyalty towards Japanese consoles, but yeah, it's a narrow window, but Microsoft may be able to pull up to the PS3 (inversely, the PS3 may dwindle to 360 sales numbers in Japan).

I should've reworded it as SpaceJase said: "They are both clearly on the wrong side of Japanese gaming trends though. "  That says it very well IMO.

I guess in Japan their is no thing like being loyal to a console = fanboy I think the japanese are more loyal to their country. X360 is an American console with good Japanese games on it if PS3 would have those games the sales would skyrock to heaven.

It is just a thought but in fact I never heard something like Japanese nintendo and sony fanboys. 

rocketpig said:
All I found on VGChartz was the original Gran Turismo for PS1 but it sold 2.2m copies in Japan.

GTHD looks miles better than FORZA 2.

it would sell around 10 000 copies at best.

what a dreamer????????????????

30 000 copies of a game that is on x360 and looks like a ps2 game graphically.

there would be no impact on hardware sales for x360.

others ,note NGS and MK are both coming on ps3 in june.

so expect a big jump on the other side of the tunnel. 

In terms of standard weekly performance of the XBox 360 this game (along with several other releases this year) will be huge for the XBox 360; in terms of standard game/system performance, the XBox 360 will see temporary boosts to moderately acceptable levels and will then return to selling poorly (although "less poorly" then they usually sell)

larry said:
rocketpig said:
All I found on VGChartz was the original Gran Turismo for PS1 but it sold 2.2m copies in Japan.

Show me a screenshot comparison that makes any game on the PS2 look as good as Forza 2 ...

Is it just me or does everyone think the same PS3 fans keep getting banned only to be "recycled" under new names?

Around the Network
larry said:

Ah, so Larry finally chimed in with his expert opinion.

You've obviously never played Forza 2. I have. The graphics are nothing like anything on the PS2, and I own one. I've played all the GT games. Forza 2 is loads better.

And comparing GTHD is a joke. It's one car, one track, no AI, no physics, no damage. It's not hard to make a game like that look pretty. Add in 8 cars, damage, MUCH better physics and you have to cut down on those pretty visuals a bit.

Could Forza look better? Yeah, it could. But Turn 10 decided to lock the physics engine at 360 fps and the visuals at 60 fps. They made a decision to make sure gameplay is solid at the sacrifice of graphics.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with you. You're never right about anything.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

HappySqurriel said:

Is it just me or does everyone think the same PS3 fans keep getting banned only to be "recycled" under new names?

That sounds about right.

rocketpig said:
larry said:

Ah, so Larry finally chimed in with his expert opinion.

You've obviously never played Forza 2. I have. The graphics are nothing like anything on the PS2, and I own one. I've played all the GT games. Forza 2 is loads better.

And comparing GTHD is a joke. It's one car, one track, no AI, no physics, no damage. It's not hard to make a game like that look pretty. Add in 8 cars, damage, MUCH better physics and you have to cut down on those pretty visuals a bit.

Could Forza look better? Yeah, it could. But Turn 10 decided to lock the physics engine at 360 fps and the visuals at 60 fps. They made a decision to make sure gameplay is solid at the sacrifice of graphics.

I don't even know why I'm arguing with you. You're never right about anything.

Really? Do you have a link to that or is that a typo? Just curious (and not doubting you) - I've never heard of locking the frame rate for a physics engine, but it can make sense (although it kinda defeats the purpose of locking the visual frame rate, but that's another topic really).

konnichiwa said:
your mother said:
konnichiwa said:
SpaceJase said:

@both:

I should've reworded it as SpaceJase said: "They are both clearly on the wrong side of Japanese gaming trends though. " That says it very well IMO.

I guess in Japan their is no thing like being loyal to a console = fanboy I think the japanese are more loyal to their country. X360 is an American console with good Japanese games on it if PS3 would have those games the sales would skyrock to heaven.

It is just a thought but in fact I never heard something like Japanese nintendo and sony fanboys.

What I've never heard of a Japanese Xbox fanboy!

your mother said:

Really? Do you have a link to that or is that a typo? Just curious (and not doubting you) - I've never heard of locking the frame rate for a physics engine, but it can make sense (although it kinda defeats the purpose of locking the visual frame rate, but that's another topic really).

I thought I had read locked at 360 but now I can't find it. I can find a bunch of info that it runs at 360 fps, but not that it's locked.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/