By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Are the "PC Master Race" days over?

Random_Matt said:
Used to be a PC gamer, bought the best parts and spent so much money. Guess as i got older i never needed graphics to enjoy a computer game. I'm one of those people who believes if you do not buy the best parts for PC gaming, then there's no point.

Same here. Was probably spend around £1000 every 1-2 years keeping up with the best, but theese days I've realised im better saving the money for other things, After been a primarly PC gamer for the past 15 or so years I now spend most of my time on my Xbox One. The main reason I mvoed back to consoles was as much sat at my PC gaming no longer felt as fun as it used to be even if I tried using a gamepad the money I save is just a bonus.

Around the Network

It never started to begin with lol. Hopefully no one actually took that crap seriously.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

since the PS4 has launched I have only played Strategy (RTS and 4X) games on my PC.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

When a new console generation has arrived the differences are obviously smaller. Same thing happened with X360/PS3. But as time moves on PC will get a bigger and bigger advantage and PC versions will become the superior system again. We might even see very affordable PC APU's that match or exceed the Xbox One/PS4 within a year or two, making PC gaming more appealing than ever.

PC is like all substance, no style. You have better looking games, more options within said games to tweak things, no online paywall etc. But you lack style. It's the aesthetics of the experience that is completely missing. They have no identity. No feel...

Around the Network

PC Master Race was a trend created by people to piss off console users because let's face it; they get riled up easily. In terms of possible specs; it is the most technologically advanced place to play, for a cheaper price, if you can be bothered to build and maintain your own rig; so if you take that out of the question than yes PC is the master race in terms of specs.. "The best place to play" depends on the individual's preference in games, but objectively in terms of specs, PC is the "Master Race."
But then you have devs like Rocksteady taking massive shits and calling them "ports" so idk depends on your viewpoint.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

So pc gaming is dying because it gets a few bad ports here and there? Like consoles never have issues running games?

I went back to pc gaming in 2010. Why? Well I got tired of my 360 breaking down on me all the damn time and paying for XBL just to get called whatever racial insult you can think of by all the pasty white 12 year olds who think they're gangster rappers. The ps3 was great for exclusives but kinda crap for everything else, especially multiplats that either ran like shit or not as good as the 360 or pc and that god awful PSN that did nothing but go down for no reason or because it got hacked. Then their was my wii that had a few decent games but was mainly for gamecube games and emulators. The wii wasn't bad but nothing great.

and then 2011 rolled by and I got more use to pc gaming along with getting a steam account and I have never looked back. Don't get me wrong here ladies and gentlemen. I like my consoles and I do own all 3 consoles from last gen and a ps4 and wiiu now but I gotta say. Consoles are not what they use to be IMO.

The convenience is shrinking, you're limited to almost everything, no real Backwards compatibility for anything, pay to play for online services that constantly shut down or have shortly lived communities backing any game (except for the usual cod, fifa, BF shit), no MODS or limited modding, lesser game performance. The list goes on

The only real reason I have to go to consoles are a small handful of exclusives and PC has exclusives of its own so it's just a matter of personal taste.

Sure I'm not saying pc doesn't have it's flaws like the occasional horrendous port or version that should of performed much better but got shot down due to poor optimization. Having to deal with shit like Uplay or origins just to play a game. That dreadful GFWL bullshit and you might have to tweak some things occasionally to get somewhere, and the initial price is expensive. but for what its worth It pays off when you take in everything else.

So it is what it is but overall I just prefer my PC.

Welcome to the PS4 Master Race

These article will pop up now because Batman but it is only one case.

Nope. PS4 and X1 aren't anything special hardware wise, PC cards that smoke those in performance will be commonplace and cheap soon enough. PC players will playing in 4K long before console gamers get a sniff. 

In three years the specs for XBO and PS4 will be so far behind, it will be embarrassing.  
Some games are just lazily ported. PC gamers play a ton of amazing games console noobs have never even heard of.