By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreams : New Media Molecule IP totally forgotten

By the creators of LBP, a game even more ambitious where you create your dream and link it to others dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j8Wp-sx5K0 ( everything you see is ingame , made by the developers in the game)

More informations at PGW

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

I agree its criminally overlooked, but we really didn't see much gameplay and/or know how the game will play.

Next E3 they're probably gonna hype it up a bit more

It's not that it's forgotten is just that we haven't seen enough of it. We don't even know how it will play or how hard it is to create these dreams.

Mystro-Sama said:
It's not that it's forgotten is just that we haven't seen enough of it. We don't even know how it will play or how hard it is to create these dreams.

Well, it was more than a cgi trailer at least, it gives us a look on the game

They said they want it to be simple , to allow anyone to create their dreams

Seems like a very fun creative tool. If the drawing tools are as intuitive as they seem, it's gonna be great. I haven't forgotten about this since we first saw it.

Around the Network

I've not forgotten about it. It's grabbed my interest but we can't talk about something we don't really know that well.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

In my opinion it looked, how shall I put it, too artistic for my tastes. I'm still not sure how the actual game will play and from what little gameplay wa shown ( The building of the character using the controller ) it just looks like too much work and little play time. Of course not much is know about the game as of now so I'll keep my hopes up.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I still feel like I don't know shit about it. Are these 'dreams' small games made by others, or are they, shall we say, movies?

Media Molecule themselves admitted it's hard to explain what this game is about. They just showed us the concept, the "building the hype" part comes later, when we'll better understand what's this all about.

Mr.Playstation said:
In my opinion it looked, how shall I put it, too artistic for my tastes. I'm still not sure how the actual game will play and from what little gameplay wa shown ( The building of the character using the controller ) it just looks like too much work and little play time. Of course not much is know about the game as of now so I'll keep my hopes up.

Well it seems easier and faster to build something than in LBP from what  we saw, more intuitive, it's really pure creation, it's kinda revolutionnary in term of creation, you make everyhting yourself, the possibilities are much greater than in LBP where you are limited to tools of the game.

And there will be a "single player" of course like LBP, developers will make playable dreams.