By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreams : New Media Molecule IP totally forgotten

The creation part doesn't look intuitive, easy or pleasant to use (using gyro sensors and stuff). I can't see how I'd create something good using this mechanic. Looks tiresome.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
The creation part doesn't look intuitive, easy or pleasant to use (using gyro sensors and stuff). I can't see how I'd create something good using this mechanic. Looks tiresome.

Using tools made for you is even less intuitive i think, you'd surely create something better with this game, just need your imagination, just like when you were a child playing with modelling clay, it's the same intutiive concept, giving life to virtual modelling clay how you want

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
LipeJJ said:

Using tools made for you is even less intuitive i think, you'd surely create something better with this game, just need your imagination, just like when you were a child playing with modelling clay, it's the same intutiive concept, giving life to virtual modelling clay how you want

I have creativity, actually I do some drawings that people consider pretty good. I just don't see how I'd do something amazing with this tool cause it's not looking easy to model, resize, etc. But I've liked MM's past works (LBP and Tearaway) and I like the idea behind this one too, so I guess I'll just have to try it to see if it fits me.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Aerys said:
Mr.Playstation said:
In my opinion it looked, how shall I put it, too artistic for my tastes. I'm still not sure how the actual game will play and from what little gameplay wa shown ( The building of the character using the controller ) it just looks like too much work and little play time. Of course not much is know about the game as of now so I'll keep my hopes up.

Well it seems easier and faster to build something than in LBP from what  we saw, more intuitive, it's really pure creation, it's kinda revolutionnary in term of creation, you make everyhting yourself, the possibilities are much greater than in LBP where you are limited to tools of the game.

And there will be a "single player" of course like LBP, developers will make playable dreams.

@bolded: Sometimes limitation can be a good thing. Not knocking the game but some games can be too unlimited for their own good.

@Last paragraph: Hence why I'm keeping my hopes up.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Here's my opinion on dreams. If dreams is what I hope it is, 10/10, I'll buy it day one and it will be one of my all time favorites. If it's what I'm worried it is, I'm going to pass on it because it will be incredibly boring.

Around the Network

Media Molecule really likes to create strange products. Now that's both admirable and loathe-able at the same time. I'm not a visionary and i'm terrible when it comes to creation so I would rather see them work on something else. However, I do admire that they are paving their own way and working on whatever they want.

Let's put it this way....of all the things I might choose to draw something with, a video game controller is pretty far down the list. So considering that's what this entire game (and at this stage I feel somewhat uncomfortable calling it that) revolves around, you might see how this isn't likely to get me very excited anytime soon.

Wagram said:
Media Molecule really likes to create strange products. Now that's both admirable and loathe-able at the same time. I'm not a visionary and i'm terrible when it comes to creation so I would rather see them work on something else. However, I do admire that they are paving their own way and working on whatever they want.

It's a bit like LBP philosophy, you are not forced to be on creative side, you can also just play others dreams, and it could give you the need to create your own when you'll see the amazing creations they made

LipeJJ said:
Aerys said:

I have creativity, actually I do some drawings that people consider pretty good. I just don't see how I'd do something amazing with this tool cause it's not looking easy to model, resize, etc. But I've liked MM's past works (LBP and Tearaway) and I like the idea behind this one too, so I guess I'll just have to try it to see if it fits me.

I'm sure they wont disappoint, they always find a way to make it easier and more intuitive, if they said it will, i believe them

Aerys said:
LipeJJ said:
Aerys said:

I'm sure they wont disappoint, they always find a way to make it easier and more intuitive, if they said it will, i believe them

I hope so! Cause they make unique things that we couldn't see anywhere else.