By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to 2006, not coming to Revolution

It will never happen again

Agree, won't happen 35 28.93%

I can see it happening in... 86 71.07%

Total:121

I hope they name the next console the revolution. It sounds so appealing

Around the Network

I remember buying Twilight Princess with my Wii. Ah so nostalgic, and it didn't even feel like it was long ago. I can't believe it's been almost ten years.

StuOhQ said:
Dulfite said:
Where is the option to vote for it happening right now? I don't understand why anyone would think Nintendo would develop a game for a console (a massive game, like Zelda, that costs a HUGE amount of money to make) that's in its final year (let's be serious people 2016 is Wii U's last year, even if the NX doesn't launch until 2017 but I think it will be 2016) alone? Why would they NOT want to maximize profits and, not to mention, satisfy NX owners who don't want to have to wait ANOTHER 4-5 years before the NX Zelda launches?

My question is: why not double dip?

If they give the Wii U version a little time to breathe before releasing the "Remaster," they'll appease Wii U owners (maybe even lure in some late adopters when the Wii U's price has dropped), sell a cool 2-3 million copies, and THEN announce that the game will be ported with enhanced graphics and some new bells and whistles. That will no doubt bring new gamers to the NX, appease the Zelda "fans" patient enough to wait for the remaster we all knew was coming eventually - but hadn't been announced, and sell several more million copies. 

With the rate that "Mario Kart 8" reached 2 million, they'll be able to announce the remaster a few months after the game releases for Wii U and have it out within the NX's launch window. As mentioned earlier, Sony is the master of transitions and enhanced ports. Nintendo should take a page from "The Last of Us" Remastered and not murder the guaranteed sales of the game on both systems. If you have any doubt that "Zelda U" wouldn't move units on the NX - just take a look at "Wind Waker HD" on the Wii U. That game has already moved over a million copies on Nintendo's slowest selling console of all time (Virtual Boy excluded).

Sounds like a win win to me. Sell a lot of games, save face with your fanbase, and reap the rewards. A page right out of Sony's playbook. 

1) Windwaker came from the Gamecube era, let alone a year or two prior like The Last of Us did.

2) Nintendo games are known for their unique art styles, which makes them age a lot better than games like The Last of Us which just go for realism (which looks bad a year later compared to modern realism). The Last of Us did well because they go for realistic graphics and those are always enhancing. Stuff like Skyward Sword on the Wii will still look beautiful 10 years from now. Even Windwaker on the Gamecube still, to this day, looks wonderful because of its unique art style. 

Nintendo gamers don't have the same desire to upgrade as our Sony and Micro counterparts because the games we play don't look like garbage in 2-3 years because they focus on art style more than grahics.

Called it

ChrnoTodd said:
Miyamotoo said:
ChrnoTodd said:
At least GameCube has Wind Waker. WiiU has nothing :/

By that logic, GameCube have nothing because Wii U have Wind Waker too.

We don know when next home console will launch and when will get Zelda U port, if there will be port at all.

But Wind Waker is an HD "remake". Wind Waker was exclusively of GC, is the "GC Zelda". Wii has Skyward Sword. Wii U has nothing.

Again by that logic, if Zelda U dont come in same time on Wii U and NX we can say its exclusively on Wii U, even if Zelda U later will be ported on NX. Skyward Sword is only true exclusive Zelda game for now, even OoT and MM get their re release..

Around the Network

They are capable of doing it again, they dont really care about old Wii U owners, they'll do everything they can to build NX install base

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
They are capable of doing it again, they dont really care about old Wii U owners, they'll do everything they can to build NX install base

They realesed probably best Mario Kart game ever, probably best Smash Bros. game ever, best DKT, best Pikmin game, best Mario 2D game, good Mario 3D game, it look Yoshi will be one of the best Yoshi games ever, Zelda U too, great new IP Splatoon, they will realise Star Fox...in Wii U situation I think they care enough.

Jon-Erich said:
Pavolink said:

Yes, we have changes after getting delayed. Those changes are not the reason they delayed.

It was one of the reasons given. Porting it to the Wii is the reason why the game was delayed until November and December of 2006. But the doesn't change the fact that the game was still being altered and refined in late 2005.

Indeed they were, they were refining it with Wii Controller gesture controls and changing the hand which Link was carrying his sword in ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

ExplodingBlock said:
Zelda launch title = Console sells 100 million
You know what to do Nintendo

Nintendo wishes it was that easy!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

NX is not a console. Next Nintendo console is unlikely be on shelves 2016. Zelda U is scheduled for 2016. Topic closed.