By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess delayed to 2006, not coming to Revolution

It will never happen again

Agree, won't happen 35 28.93%

I can see it happening in... 86 71.07%

Total:121

I saw that IGN article before but wasn't aware of Miyamoto's explanation on the reason why it was delayed.
And like i said before, to me, this is the same situation all over again.

It makes perfect sense.
Wii U will still have the game but it will also help launch NX, just like TP helped launch Wii.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Jon-Erich said:

It was one of the reasons given. Porting it to the Wii is the reason why the game was delayed until November and December of 2006. But the doesn't change the fact that the game was still being altered and refined in late 2005.

Indeed they were, they were refining it with Wii Controller gesture controls and changing the hand which Link was carrying his sword in ;)

If you saw all the screenshots and videos I saw during that game's development, you would knopw that between 2005 and 2006, A LOT was changed. Entire bosses and dungeons disappear. Enemies are changed. A lot of areas are altered. Even the game itself goes through a change in art direction. So it was getting delayed regardless. 

Anyway, this whole theory of Zelda U going through the same changes has to rely on a few things. First, NX would have to be a Wii U successor that's powerful enough to play Wii U games. Second, the NX would have to be out by the end of 2016 since that's when Zelda is going to arrive. I don't think it is. If NX is more of a 3DS successor, then I could see a late 2016 release date being possibly since the 3DS would be almost 6 years old by that point, although the question of it being able to play Zelda U comes into question. However, if NX is more of a Wii U successor, I don't see it being released before the end of 2017 and there's no way Nintendo is going to push back Zelda that far. In that time, they could release Zelda U and start work on a new Zelda that could possibly be out by the end of 2018.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Man, isn't it weird how the Wii was first alluded to in 2004, then shown for the first time ever in 2005, then launched in 2006?

Remember how Nintendo tried to keep the Wii U under wraps, but weeks or months before E3 2011 (18 months before launch) they sprung a leak? Weird how we don't have any similar rumors about NX, aside from that one from like two years ago about the whole fusion thing.

So, can anyone name a developer who is currently making games in preparation for the NX launch? Because all of Nintendo's developers are either currently working on 3DS / Wii U games or just very recently shipped a game for one of those platforms. Two years would be a pretty impressive dev time for a brand new system, but they'll obviously pull it off because........ because!

As long as the game makes it to Wii U, and the NX version makes use of NX features, I have no problem with the title being crossgen. I expect it will be. It just makes good sense. Zelda is a system seller. Why wouldn't you want it on a new system if the timing works out?

Sharu said:
NX is not a console. Next Nintendo console is unlikely be on shelves 2016. Zelda U is scheduled for 2016. Topic closed.

Prove me NX is not a homeconsole.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Jon-Erich said:

It was one of the reasons given. Porting it to the Wii is the reason why the game was delayed until November and December of 2006. But the doesn't change the fact that the game was still being altered and refined in late 2005.

It was THE reason. They admitted it. Dunno what more proof do you need.

Pavolink said:
Sharu said:
NX is not a console. Next Nintendo console is unlikely be on shelves 2016. Zelda U is scheduled for 2016. Topic closed.

I can't. But cant prove it IS a homeconsole either. So we can just play a waiting game until someone fromm big N will shed some light on this.

the_dengle said:

Man, isn't it weird how the Wii was first alluded to in 2004, then shown for the first time ever in 2005, then launched in 2006?

Remember how Nintendo tried to keep the Wii U under wraps, but weeks or months before E3 2011 (18 months before launch) they sprung a leak? Weird how we don't have any similar rumors about NX, aside from that one from like two years ago about the whole fusion thing.

So, can anyone name a developer who is currently making games in preparation for the NX launch? Because all of Nintendo's developers are either currently working on 3DS / Wii U games or just very recently shipped a game for one of those platforms. Two years would be a pretty impressive dev time for a brand new system, but they'll obviously pull it off because........ because!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I suspect the 3D Mario team at EAD Tokyo is working on NX. So is the Animal Crossing team. Perhaps Retro and others as well. 

I think it's a pretty good bet that Mario Kart 9 is also already in development for NX. 

Just like how Skyward Sword was pushed back.... Twice as a matter of fact, all the way to 2011. Where's the Wii U Skyward Sword definitive edition?

Sharu said:
Pavolink said:
Sharu said:

I can't. But cant prove it IS a homeconsole either. So we can just play a waiting game until someone fromm big N will shed some light on this.

Quoting Hiku:

Hiku said:

Tanabe: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

And actually, Reggie confirmed that it is a home console, upon further investigation: http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-indicates-that-nx-is-a-home-console/

Reggie: "We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later."

The only new console they've already announced publically is the NX. Hence NX = the next home console.

Right now, they info we have is pointing a NX is a homeconsole. Do you have at least this to prove is a handheld?