By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Re-opening a discussion: "The Wii U is a better secondary console than the X1/PS4"

VitaminZ said:
Sony and Xbox will have support for 8-10 years, Wii U is done after 2 years on the market. Smash 4 was the last AAA game it will probably get.

It is very difficult to say to someone to buy a Wii U as their 2nd console when support has already been pulled.

Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda says HI

Around the Network

I think the Wii U is a great secondary system if you like the Nintendo exclusives but prefer the Ps4/XOne over the Wii U

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

wii u is better for me because if I got PS4/XB1 then I would have to pay 2 online fees to get any decent amount of enjoyment for a total of $100+ a year. Over 5 years that puts both consoles in the $1300-$1500 range. wii u on the other hand has no online fees making it combined with one of the others a better $800-$1000.

PS3 had no online fees so it was often looked at in better light then the 360 combos. Sony putting online fees on the PS4 is likely hurting XB1 sales because it is the winning console.

WiiU + PC is a pretty great combo.

Well it is always hard to discuss taste. I see where you are getting at, but i disagree, here is why: PS4/XOne are not that close when you think about their exclusives. While i can totally see a MS fans wanting a PS4 over a Wii U more frequently, i don`t think that happens to SONY fans.

When you look to the big exclusive IPs, PS4 is actually closer to Wii U in genre variety: RPGs/jRPGs, plataformers, adventures, etc. In some genres like shooters and racing it gets closer to MS, and also the whole photo-realism art style, but that's it.

Therefore if you have Wii U or XOne, the best second console will be PS4, and if you have PS4, it will be Wii U most of the time.
So, as a second console: PS4>WiiU>X1

Around the Network

People should stop being poor and just get them all.
Im gonna get a PS4 when it has games I really want.
I will get a Wii U when it has more than 1 game I want.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I gave some strange idea room: that I might be wrong about which games I like. So I tried GTA V, Splintercell Blacklist, Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed and Batman. My result: boring. Really, I do not kid. I gave up on GTA after three or four hours, having to do some stupid mission to tow some cars. No, not in the least my cup of tea. Tomb Raider was a bad joke.

I have fun playing Pikmin, Xenoblade Chronicles, Mario Kart, Thief, Splatoon, Zelda, Borderlands, Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey, Darksiders, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter, Persona Q, Demons Souls, Lego games, Pokemon, Rayman Legends, Hyrule Warriors, Metroid.

As you can see from this list of games, obviously I think PS4/X1 are horrible choices as first or second console (3DS is first, WiiU secondary console for me). You may have a different opinion, but your opinion or tastes doesn't matter to me, as giving in to other opinions and tastes made me waste a lot of money for crappy games as named at the top of my post.

So, do you think I should create a thread asking if people still believe PS4/X1 are good choices as first or second console? Do you think that is a good thread idea?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Owning an XB1 + PS4 just seems like a waste of money to me. The libraries are way to similar to warrant me spending 750$

o_O.Q said:
ihatefatkatz said:
Nah, I still think the Wii u is the premiere secondary. I have all three and have most of their exclusives, The Xbox one and PS4 are interchangeable offering almost identical experiences, so I could drop one and not miss out much. On the other hand dropping the Wii U means I'll be missing out some truly unique experiences. Just my opinion though.

", The Xbox one and PS4 are interchangeable offering almost identical experiences"

by this logic when we take the wii u games considered to be "best"... smash bros, mario kart, 2d mario (i've played these 3 ), donkey kong etc 

is the wii u not interchangeable with the wii?

from my perspective it is, when i played these games there was no significant difference to the previous entries that came before them imo

oh and on topic no and i personally believe that the reaction we got at E3 a few days a ago might be indicative of the wii u library not being as impressive as it is usually protrayed

if there were so many games to play why are people starting to freak out?

problem with your logic is MK Wii against MK8 is different between BF 4 PS4 against BF 4 X1 version.  that is different.  it is like BF 3 against BF 4 comparison.

Wii U is backward compatible so if you have a PS4 + Wii U. you can also play Wii games plus PS4 exclusives, plus the normal multiplats that PS4 have. so a big win for a gamer who wanted to own PS4 and Wii U.

Wii U + PC + 3DS, I'll get all of the "console exclusives" on PC from Xbone/PS4, Nintendo exclusives, and 3DS exclusives while at the same time having the best multiplats and stellar PC exclusives like Total War, Cities:Skylines, Star Citizen, Pillars of Eternity, etc, etc.

I miss out on Bloodborne, Horizon, TLG, Ratchet and Clank and maybe KH3 (if it doesn't come to PC), but I can wait until PS4 is cheap and get those exclusives (along with the ones I don't desire so much) when the PS4 is cheap and I can find those games under $30 used.