By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Re-opening a discussion: "The Wii U is a better secondary console than the X1/PS4"

Wii U is the best secondary console because it has the party games that Sony & MS can't match. PS4 is my main because of the amazing single & online games. This was how it was last gen with PS3+Wii.

Around the Network

Wii U + PC, Wii U + PS4 or Wii U + Xbone. Pick your poison. Make sure to pick Wii U you today. Splatfest is tomorrow.

If you have a soft spot for Nintendo games, yes. If you don't, then obviously no.

Still Wii U.

I still don't think any are all that great, and I still think that the Wii U is still the current best console to own by far, but this E3 solidly proved that that tide will shift very soon and very dramatically. The Wii U has nothing new on the horizon. PS4/XBO have everything new on the horizon.

On to the NX.

EDIT: As someone else mentioned, though, the 3DS curb-stomps all of them. No competition.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
DerNebel said:

Please fucking read the OP before posting.

I read the OP

You are trying to say that WiiU is just the worst console to have this generation, primary or secondary, but it still having better exclusives than ps4/xbo combined right now, so hardly can be a worse secondary console than Ps4 or Xbo

And dont be so f*cking aggresive.

Ok, then let me rephrase that, please make sure to comprehend the OP before posting, your bolded paragraph shows that you didn't do that.

Oh and I'm not aggressive.

It's an interesting question. Microsoft performed well this E3, showing off a few new exclusives. The problem, as always, is that "exclusive" does not always translate to "great."

Right now there are too many question marks with Microsoft's first-party software. 343 Industries has yet to prove itself as a capable steward of the Halo franchise; The Coalition, formerly Black Tusk, is untested; Rare is 15 years removed from its glory days; Lionhead is working on a free-to-play Fable game; and so on.

Xbox One does have a lot of interesting third party games, but the vast majority are available on PS4. There are exceptions, of course. If we remove PC from the equation, as you suggest in the OP, Xbox One is the only place to play 8th gen versions of Titanfall and Ori and the Blind Forest. Plus there are other intriguing games on the horizon, including Scalebound and ReCore, both made by geniuses in the field.

But, overall, Wii U has a more impressive line-up of exclusive games, past, present, and, probably, future. So, to sum up: those who already have a PS4 would be better off choosing a Wii U as their secondary console. Why? Because the majority of must-play games on Xbox One are available on PS4 (where they probably look and perform better) whereas Wii U supports a sizable collection of must-play games available nowhere else.

Yes, but of course I think Wii U is the best primary console as well.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

PC + Wii U is the best gaming experience due to PC having most of what X1 and PS4 have.
a PS4 + Wii U is the another great combination to have this gen. (which i have :) )

ihatefatkatz said:
Nah, I still think the Wii u is the premiere secondary. I have all three and have most of their exclusives, The Xbox one and PS4 are interchangeable offering almost identical experiences, so I could drop one and not miss out much. On the other hand dropping the Wii U means I'll be missing out some truly unique experiences. Just my opinion though.

", The Xbox one and PS4 are interchangeable offering almost identical experiences"

by this logic when we take the wii u games considered to be "best"... smash bros, mario kart, 2d mario (i've played these 3 ), donkey kong etc 

is the wii u not interchangeable with the wii?

from my perspective it is, when i played these games there was no significant difference to the previous entries that came before them imo

oh and on topic no and i personally believe that the reaction we got at E3 a few days a ago might be indicative of the wii u library not being as impressive as it is usually protrayed

if there were so many games to play why are people starting to freak out?