Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would Metroid Prime 4 make you buy the NX if it was a launch title?

Would you buy NX if metroid prime 4 was a launch title?

Maybe depending what othe... 48 22.86%

No, im done with Nintendo 35 16.67%

Yes definetly 89 42.38%

I would wait a few years ... 38 18.10%

Total:210

There's probably no one single game that would make me buy a console at launch. Well maybe FF7 Remake, and it's not even my favorite FF.
But I haven't bought a console at launch since PS2, and probably won't again. I have too many games still on my backlog to play.

As for Metroid, I'm more interested in a 2D version. But from the sound of it, they haven't begun development on new Metroid so I don't expect to see one at launch for NX.

Around the Network

Absolutely. Metroid is my favorite video game series.

yes

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

No. Nintendo really have to up their game for me to consider buying a Wii U or an NX. I have said before that F Zero and Metroid would turn me to buying a Wii U but that is not happening. I'll pick one up with it is like $199US later on but I'm not paying current price for a handful of games I like(MK8, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and maybe Yoshi's Wooly World).

I'd buy a toaster if it had a Metroid game, lol.

Around the Network

Yes. I would buy it without the NX as well.

Yeah, just run that perfectly wrapped up trilogy into the ground with an unnecessary sequel instead of doing something fresh.

No point in entertaining this, since it won't be a launch title. NX is launching next year, and MP4 is at least 3 years off, so it definitely won't launch with the system.

Doesn't matter either way, I haven't ever, and will never, buy any console at launch. Pretty stupid thing to do.

Well, this is new.

Read.

no i wont. Because you might get 3,4 good titles at start and then the console will fail.

Also i doubt nintendo want to make thise games anymore. They believe that their audience is 12 years or younger and want to play animal crossing amiibo party. NX will be the ultimative amiibo machine, metroid prime with amiibo support to dress samus like mario? no thanks.

Hiku said:

Did you read this? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

Ugh... I was being sarcastic. I would think you would've caught on considering we had that discussion where I kept pushing for Nintendo to drop the Wii U.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

NintendoPie said:
Hiku said:

Did you read this? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

Ugh... I was being sarcastic. I would think you would've caught on considering we had that discussion where I kept pushing for Nintendo to drop the Wii U.

Yeah, but don't know exactly what your idea of them dropping the WiiU pertains, or if there are any exceptions to it. So I couldn't rule out that you may have assumed that they could have begun development for Metroid already, and wanted them to release it before NX comes out.