By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Stop with the childishness. Seriously

If we abandoned companies after any bad E3 press conference, we'd have left Sony in 2006 and Micorosft in 2010. Each of those conferences much worse than Nintendo.

Not trying to defend the conference, but bad conferences happen.

Around the Network
alternine said:

Stop letting others opinions affect you so much. If you liked it thats fine but dont call others childish because they want to switch platforms. Practice what you preach my friend.

If they're switching platforms to give a upset message to nintendo because of the e3 presentation, then they're being childish and everyone is free to point out this

We reap what we sow

curl-6 said:
Acevil said:

Just so I am clear where I stand (not against ya or anything). I agree with that statement, but some users including yourself, are being a tad dramatic. I mean I agree with you that conference was bad, but the level of anger is just really high. 

I guess I don't know the struggles of one console only user. 

Well, I have been up for 26 hours, and I have some impulse control issues stemming from my autism, so you could be right. I am pretty pissed off at the moment, and not just cos of E3; 4 years of disappointment have come to a head for me.

That does suck (the lack of sleep) and I can understand (impulse control issue), I was sort of like that with past consoles (PS3 early years, and Wii Later years). I highly do recommend if you can afford it, adopting Nintendo as a complimentary console instead of a main console. However I repeat this, don't get PS4 just yet, the great conference that it was yesterday, a lot of those titles are way off, and even the biggest title is next year Uncharted. 

They most likely will fix their mistakes come NX, but the damage will be done. So if you do get it, try to get it a bit cheaper a year or two later, with some what of decent library. 

JWeinCom said:
If we abandoned companies after any bad E3 press conference, we'd have left Sony in 2006 and Micorosft in 2010. Each of those conferences much worse than Nintendo.

Well, nintendo has been in the decline for a while. Both MS and Sony are not.

160rmf said:
alternine said:

Stop letting others opinions affect you so much. If you liked it thats fine but dont call others childish because they want to switch platforms. Practice what you preach my friend.

If they're switching platforms to give a upset message to nintendo because of the e3 presentation, then they're being childish and everyone is free to point out this

Its not childish. Its called voting with your wallet.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
midrange said:
Tlozjb said:

Hun, in the public's eye, Metroid's name was already drag through the mud with Other M, they are just burying it deeper, and also remember that the developers of this are Next Level Games, so the ones throwing Metroid deeper into the mud is NLG, not Nintendo themselves.  And AC, I agree with that one with you, but you cannot judge a game on first impressions... or do I have to bring up the Super Mario 3D World syndrome?

Neither Sony or Microsoft deliver a big blockbuster, I don't see why Nintendo not showing one was a problem, and not bring FFVII remake into the play, because that belongs to SE, not Sony, so Nintendo just did the same as the other two. 

And who said that was going to happen?  Nintendo clearly stated what they were going to show, last year was different, because the schedule was scarce, and this time it isn't, plus we all knwo that Nintendo is guilty of showing their bigger games either in a December or January direct, so wait before you pass judgement.  Because at the moment there is no evidence of what you say, because Nintendo clearly stated what they were going to talk about.

Also do I have to remember to all that Iwata said that are various games to still be unveil for Wii U, for this year, including the mysterious Tantalus port?  And those 3rd party partnerships, of which we only saw two, Activision's and NLG's?

Next level games is second party not third. So Nintendo had just as much part in deforming metroid as NLG. Plus just because Other M was bad does not mean they should continue to drag down Metroid's greatness.

Sony did deliver horizon, what are you talking about? Microsoft is also bringing Recore. Nintendo is not deliviering anything remotely big (mario maker is the closest it gets). And why not count FFVII remake? Sure it belongs to SE, but sony must have put an effort (unlike Nintendo) to actually make it available to fans.

You're telling me Nintendo actively chose to show nothing big at the biggest gaming conference? Even if they save their biggest games for December, they should have shown something big at e3.

And what 3rd party are you talking about? There's the tantalus port, skylanders, disney infinity, project treasure, and that's pretty much it. Let's not pretend like they are making a huge comeback with third party games seeing as how missing call of duty overshadows what little 3rd party they have.

They have only said it vocally, that they will only work with Nintendo, so in a sense, legally, they are not second party, they are third party.

We still do not know how those two games will turn out to be, so at the moment they are just to new IPs that may become a success. Sony doubtfully putted a effort on this, and even if they did, it still is from SE, not a Sony blockbuster.

Yep, we all know Nintendo :v  And that is totally like them, so it is no surprise.

Ask that Nintendo of Canada  guy, I'm just quoting what he said :v

@Alternine:  Atleast I'm talking new as in new game announcement, not new IP or anything like that.

@Arlo: Those indeed have a good reason to be angry, though I don't see why they would had gotten a Wii U on the first place, if they still were not sure about it and its future.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Aeolus451 said:
JWeinCom said:

Well, nintendo has been in the decline for a while. Both MS and Sony are not.

Sony & Microsoft do have low points as well, the Vita for example, a perfectly capable device that seems to be abadoned due to lack of effective sales. Microsoft low point is they started declining in exclusive content since 2010 and really just a few first party title, mixed with one or two timed exclusives.  

Tlozjb said:

Seriosuly people, you are all sounding like kids that didn't got what they wanted for Xmas, even though you knew beforehand your parents wouldn't buy it too you.  Before I begin to try and get my point across, let play a game, may be that will help all of this people understand better, seeing how they are acting :v

1.  Now everybody say it with me!  What did Nintendo said they were going to show at E3?

GAMES TO BE RELEASED IN 2015 AND EARLY 2016

Very good!  And you know what?  They did exactly that, they showed games releasing in 2015 and early 2016, and wanna know something?  With Illusory Revelations#FE, early 2016 already looks way better than the past years :v

2. Everyone chant along with me again!  How much does Nintendo home consoles last?

5 YEARS!

Good!  Now this is Wii U's 3rd year, so what are people surprised or angry at what is going on? If NX is indeed the fusion or a home console, it will be revealed in the current console's 4th year, and release in its 5th, as with every Nintendo console before it, except the Wii.  So now you can all stop saying that Nintendo is pulling a SEGA, because they are doing what they always do, it is not Nintendo's fault that you waited till year 3 to get a Wii U, they are just going to do what they always do.

Now what did everyone ask for?  A amiibo game, right?  Well guess what, Nintendo gave it to us, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival!  It is indeed a destruction of the Animal Crossing series, but it is what you asked for, for a amiibo game.  You don't like it?  Well bad for you, because Nintendo gave what people ask for a amiibo game.

Now Blast Ball... everyone was interested about it in the NWC, then comes them attaching the Metroid name to it, and now it suddenly became the worse game to have ever existed.  It isn't the Metroid you ask for it, but it is still something, plus next year is Metroid's 30th anniversary they must have more than that :v.

So stop being childish about the matter and stop with the "jumping  ship" stuff, Nintendo simply did what they said they were going to do, they showed what they said they were going to show, gave you all what you asked for, a amiibo game, a new Paper Mario, and Metroid.  It wasn't in the way everyone expected, specially Metroid, but that doesn't mean things will not change later in the year.  I just know I'll be smiling when I see all of those being like that, crawling back once Nintendo blows us away with the usual December or January Direct, I  give them all a 1-2 Nintendo Direct time, the same goes for the threads of how wrong they were to judge Nintendo by a event which they clearly said they would only talk about 2015 games and Q1 2016, and how they only saw it bad, because they went in superly overhype.   Just so that you can see it, here is the infographic of upcoming games for Nintendo consoles,  Fatal Frame V and DT are missing on the Wii U one, though.

Oh, and for those going crazy because you will have to buy the games and amiibo, do not worry, the game will comei n a bundle with 2 amiibo and 3 amiibo cards.  

What do you expect, it's Nintendo we're talking about. No matter what they do, they will never be able to please the people. Just giving some examples here:

More mature games: Just look the reactions about Bayonetta 2 and Devil's third being Wii U exclusives

More non-mature games: Nintendo gets accused to overlook mature gamers and only catering to kiddies and casuals

More games in general: Not the games hey wanted, accused of low quality before release... just check the direct

Less games in general: Unbearable droughts

More Mario/Zelda: Nintendo always does the same thing for 30 years now, never evolving or innovating

Less Mario/Zelda: Nintendo is jumping ship on the consoles!

More Third party support: Useless, Nintendo Fans won't buy them anyway

No third party support: RIP Nintendo

Stronger Hardware: Nintendo games don't need it for their kiddie graphics, third parties not use it!

Weaker Hardware: Mature games will look bad, third parties will do shoddy knock-offs for casuals and kiddies

More ads: Adsvare bed/kiddie/unapropriate... (pick one)

Less ads: Nintendo is not advertising enough

As you can see, Nintendo is clearly at Morton's Fork. Whatever they do, how ever they do, they only can do it wrong for most people at large, sadly including many fans.

Paatar said:
I agree. People "jumping ship" over this is really ridiculous. Sick of these ignorant idiots.

I dont see it as people jumping ship just over today. Its been building for a long time.

I just ship a few years into the Wii. I saw the writting on the wall. Its been downhill since then. I still buy Nintendo consoles, but it is just a side thing for a few games and if I only had money for one console it would not be a Nintendo console anymore.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Tlozjb said:

They have only said it vocally, that they will only work with Nintendo, so in a sense, legally, they are not second party, they are third party.

We still do not know how those two games will turn out to be, so at the moment they are just to new IPs that may become a success. Sony doubtfully putted a effort on this, and even if they did, it still is from SE, not a Sony blockbuster.

Yep, we all know Nintendo :v  And that is totally like them, so it is no surprise.

Ask that Nintendo of Canada  guy, I'm just quoting what he said :v

@Alternine:  Atleast I'm talking new as in new game announcement, not new IP or anything like that.

@Arlo: Those indeed have a good reason to be angry, though I don't see why they would had gotten a Wii U on the first place, if they still were not sure about it and its future.

Next Level made an announcement, so I would assume they made a deal thus legally making them 2nd party.

Ok fine, let us assume those new IP (which seem to have a vast amount of potential) are not good, Sony still made a huge effort for street fighter V exclusivity and Microsoft made a huge effort for Tomb raider exclusivity. That potential was there for Nintendo, but because they did nothing of that sort, we see just how much "effort" nintendo put to building their library.

At least both others showed progress in uncharted 4 or halo 5, both of which are individually more impressive than any upcoming wii u game.

Until I see more third party support, I won't act as if they have that support now, because for all we know, that support could go the way of project cars. Also it would make sense for that Nintendo rep to put the wii u in the best light possible, even if it meant stretching the truth.