By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yup, not buying a Nintendo system again

Anfebious said:
We lost a great soldier today. *salutes*

Truly. A white knight has gone rogue. 

So long, curl 6. 

Around the Network

All companies have bad E3's, and this is certainly not Nintendo's worst. I don't think this tells us anything about Nintendo's future Wii U support passed February 2016, and I expect a Zelda U direct (in addition to other 2016 games) before the end of this year.

Sticking with Nintendo as your only platform hasn't been viable since the 7th generation when Wii had even more magnificent droughts than Wii U.

sc94597 said:
All companies have bad E3's, and this is certainly not Nintendo's worst. I don't think this tells us anything about Nintendo's future Wii U support passed February 2016, and I expect a Zelda U direct (in addition to other 2016 games) before the end of this year.

Sticking with Nintendo as your only platform hasn't been viable since the 7th generation when Wii had even more magnificent droughts than Wii U.

Did people react this negatively to their 2008 conference? That was certainly worse.

And yeah, the fact that the direct was only up until early 2016 is a very good point. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Paatar said:
Everyone really is blowing this out of proportion jesus christ.

Blowing it out of proportion?

4 years of rampant game droughts.

Aggressively ignoring almost everything gamers want from them.

Gating off gameplay content with overpriced and undersupplied figurines.

And now preparing to sever ties with a console that's not even three years old, fobbing off fans who dropped hundreds of dollars on it with a handful of insulting spinoffs.

Doesn't strike me as a company I want to continue a relationship with.

sc94597 said:

You don't understand! This E3 happened TODAY

Around the Network

I'm sorry, but most of you guys need to grow up.

Are video games really that big of a deal? Maybe is because I'm getting older, but I honestly didn't care much when Nintendo (my favorite company) made the direct, disappointed yes, but is not like I want to set my Wii U on fire, or hate on the company.

I bought a Wii U because it had games I wanted to play (Smash, MK8, Bayonetta, DKC: TF, Zelda: WW HD), not because of games I hope I would play in the future. That of course doesn't mean I don't want or hope for those games, but I knew what I was getting into when I bought the console, and there always existed a risk of those games not coming out, this is something you people need to understand.

When the NX comes out, I will buy it when there are games I want to play, not because of games I hope they announce at some point. This should apply to every console out there, not just Nintendo. 

Video games are starting to become like a Religion or a Political Party, it's starting to consume people (talking metaphorically of course).

Nintendo and PC gamer

sc94597 said:

To me it hasn´t been viable since the 5th generation with the N64.

Sad to hear.. will be waiting and see what Nintendo will do next

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Including second parties nintendo has well over 25 studios and all they could come up with for the next 12 months is mario big mushroom tennis and a budget looking starfox, With such a dearth of quality games surely they are getting all the big guns ready for the NX, If so then the next e3 could be "the shit" were as this year was just shit.