By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yup, not buying a Nintendo system again

noname2200 said:
osed125 said:

Video games are starting to become like a Religion or a Political Party, it's starting to consume people (talking metaphorically of course).

You're old enough to know this is not true. It's been this way since forever.

Probably right, I was too young during the "bit wars" but I imagine they were big back then. The problem is the internet I guess, people are more vocal thanks to that.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Nintendo's handhelds are pretty good. I'm sure their handhelds are a worthy buy for any gamer even if you hate with a burning passion their mentality towards home consoles.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Nem said:
They are pulling a saturn here 

That's exactly what this reminds me of, and we all know what a crippling blow that was to consumer faith in Sega.

How many people will buy a console from a company who only supported their last one for 3 years?

Considering how they abandoned wii u so damn early why in the blue hell would anyone get burned again with they're new console? I see Nintendo is only going to lose even more fans than it already has, too bad I will never buy their next console

AbbathTheGrim said:

You will be back in Nintendo's turf. This reminds me of some threads some Xbox fans made when the Xbone came out trying to rape everything and everyone.

Nintendo goes and does something you like and you will be posting how "I wasn't ok with what they were doing but now that they seem to have put their shit together I am back with Nintendo" in some thread or something. I bet.

For the first time, I agree with you. Will be fun to see some of the folks here being super excited when Nintendo shows a game they want to play.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It's taken a lot to overcome my deeply rooted attachment to them, but the last four years have gradually eroded my tolerance for their bullshit.

I've been on the brink for the past few months, and now I can say with certainty that while I'll ride out the Wii U and squeeze as much out of it as I can, I will not be buying NX, or any future platform of theirs.

Sorry Iwata, your princess is in another castle.

Not even a Handheld?

I suppose there's still a chance for a Metroid reveal later in the week. There's still what, how many days of E3 left?

They went overboard riding on Mario's coattails this time. Yeah it's the 30th anniversary but jesus.

I will say though that even with Nintendo's poor showing so far, this was the best E3 ever. There was just too much goodness.

Lube Me Up

AbbathTheGrim said:

No need to minimize this thread, current Nintendo situation makes one fan a huge loss. I am no mathematician but I bet this loss could translate in a 5.4% loss of fanbase for current Nintendo.

Poor curl, reduced to a fraction of a person.

I liked the presentation, but I don't have a WiiU so won't disagree of your feeling.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looking at the replies here, I'm seeing a quite a few fellow Nintendonians have similarly had their loyalty shaken, including some I never expected to waver.

I wonder if Nintendo realizes just how badly this show has damaged them. It's safe to assume this isn't the only site where Nintendo fans are seriously questioning their faith.