By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rare's New Game, "Sea of Thieves" Announced! What Are Your Thoughts?

Looked great and cant wait to see more.

Around the Network

It looks interesting, nothing more based on what we've seen.

People are already shitting on it because it might have some MMO elements. I'm not sure if that's fair.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

It was okay, I thought. I guess with Rare, I expected something more creative, unique. Something RARE-like... : / This seems quite generic. Project Dream popped into my head when I watched this also, but this didn`t catch what seemed like their original Dream idea. Kinda bummed about it... : /

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Meh. They didn't even show anything (same with every other announcement besides gear).

A many of said it seems to lacks the imagination and creative I would like to see from Rare but I guess this is the final reminder that the Rare of old are dead. It looks like a lot a of 1st person explorations games we're seeing indies show off. Pretty worlds but little to do in them, emphasis on tone and enviornmental story telling but not necessarily core mechanics. Thats just my initial take

Around the Network

After rewatching the trailer. I think this game should be in 3rd person. Also, the water looked ridiculously beautiful. I might pick this up, but I need to know more about the game. Clearly you're going to fight a Kracken, and other pirates in it.

^^ Yeah I also think it should play in 3rd person. The water effect are the best I've seen in a game up til now.

I think people that don't like the mmo aspect of the game care more about singleplayer games and it's ok. I think MS philosophy is more about multiplayer though and it reflects in their games. Also I care more for multiplay and coop games than single player games.

I'm not expecting anything from Rare really. I never played their games on N64 I was mainly a Playstation and Dreamcast gamer back then so I don't have that nostalgia attached to their company name. 

Jazz2K said:

^^ Yeah I also think it should play in 3rd person. The water effect are the best I've seen in a game up til now.

I think people that don't like the mmo aspect of the game care more about singleplayer games and it's ok. I think MS philosophy is more about multiplayer though and it reflects in their games. Also I care more for multiplay and coop games than single player games.

I'm not expecting anything from Rare really. I never played their games on N64 I was mainly a Playstation and Dreamcast gamer back then so I don't have that nostalgia attached to their company name. 

Honestly, the MMO aspect turned me off initially. I just don't have that kind of time anymore in my life to dedicate anymore to any single game. As i get older, and the responsibilities keep piling on, my taste keep moving away from rpg games, and more towards action games. I want to be able to experience more in a less amount of time.

There are times where i don't touch any system for a week or two, and when I try to get back into a game I usually forget how to play it, or what the hell is going on. The only thing for me this gen is that I need a game that has a single player option, and is not multiplayer/only centric. 

Not interested at all.

Conker or Perfect Dark reboot. Nothing else.

It looks a bit underwhelming, but I still want to see more of it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---