By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rare's New Game, "Sea of Thieves" Announced! What Are Your Thoughts?

It's really sad, it tells that Rare is dead, they dont know how to make cult games anymore so they only make a compilation :/

And shame on Spencer who lied and teased Battleload and Banjo to death to disappoint even more... I imagine he would answer like a good PR guy " but they are in our conference...Ported to Xbox One, great isnt it :) "

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

At first I was like "oh first person adventure game, could be interesting" then they showed more and it just kind of looked like a cheap F2P game. We wanted Rare to make a triumph comeback, MS gives them freedom and Phil says that they're making a classic Rare-like game and this is what we get? The hell. Looks like all the pessimists (mainly from the Sony/Nintendo fanbases) were right. Maybe Rare is just a name? We'll see I guess, not something I would have shown for people waiting this long for another Rare title.

Who knows though, maybe they can still make Banjo 3 and it'll be great but to me Rare is still kind of dead.

Another Microsoft first party coming to PC. There is less reason to own a PC and Xbox One every day.

Protendo said:
Another Microsoft first party coming to PC. There is less reason to own a PC and Xbox One every day.

It's coming to PC?

People keep saying Rare today isn't like they once were. They aren't pretending, they are making their own games while releasing the 30 game collection for the legacy titles.

Fans: Meh. Wheres Banjo/Battletoads?!

I really dont get "fans" sometimes

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Nothing about the game really got me excited.

forest-spirit said:
Protendo said:

It's coming to PC?

It's a One/PC game , release at the same time

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
It's really sad, it tells that Rare is dead, they dont know how to make cult games anymore so they only make a compilation :/

And shame on Spencer who lied and teased Battleload and Banjo to death to disappoint even more... I imagine he would answer like a good PR guy " but they are in our conference...Ported to Xbox One, great isnt it :) "

People keep saying all the good Rare people left, so what would the point be in making the older titles if people will just dismiss them as not being as good.

They will release 30 games for $30, one of the best game compilations ever, plus are doing their own thing with a new IP.

Your first comment is very frustrating because they were making Kinect games for the last 6 years.......and you think catering to the nostalgia AND doing something new is sad?????

You gotta check yourself buddy, I firmly believe there is such a thing as a wrong opinion.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Protendo said:

Actually it is more reason to own either and not a PS4, since it cant play either (whatever you are referencing).

cheshirescat said:
Whenever the letters MMO appear in a game's description it automatically turns me off.

Similar feeling.