By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rare's New Game, "Sea of Thieves" Announced! What Are Your Thoughts?

plip.plop said:

Honestly, the MMO aspect turned me off initially. I just don't have that kind of time anymore in my life to dedicate anymore to any single game. As i get older, and the responsibilities keep piling on, my taste keep moving away from rpg games, and more towards action games. I want to be able to experience more in a less amount of time.

There are times where i don't touch any system for a week or two, and when I try to get back into a game I usually forget how to play it, or what the hell is going on. The only thing for me this gen is that I need a game that has a single player option, and is not multiplayer/only centric. 

I understand your feeling because sometimes I feel the same way. I play mainly with my family and I really like when they have these coop/multiplayer games. Sometimes I think games I trying too hard to be like movies and forget about replayability and gameplay. I think that's a the reason Ninteno is still relevant these days. Their games offer solid and challenging gameplay, replayability and cooperation either local or via internet. 

Around the Network

honestly it looked Meh at best. obviously still early to show it. Pirates theme is always interesting to me. but really most of the video is just looking around, and some ships shooting at each other.

and the desgin of what was shown was kinda boring. nothing mystical or unique. nothing popped out. just a regular island with some oceans. even the other pirates looked boring. i wasnt expecting much from Rare honestly, and they just dont seem to have delivered anyway. there might be a lot more of the game to be shown though, guess we will have to wait and see, it would be wrong to right it off now.

They lost me as soon as they called it an MMO.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I'll be honest. For me, it didn't look like a game I would be interested in. That's not to say that the game won't be great. Hopefully it will change people's outlook of it when more gameplay is shown.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

MikeRox said:
Looks intriguing to me. I want to see more game announcements like this! Something a bit different.

Shocked at such a pessimistic outlook from so little information...

Read your last sentence again ...

Around the Network

Eeehh...A pirate MMO. That was actually pretty disappointing.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

CladInShadows said:
I like everything about it except the fact that it's multiplayer only.

This !

Remember Rare will probably make another announcement at GAMESCOM in August... MS saved quite a bit for GAMESCOM while Sony will not be present at GAMESCOM so went all out at E3....

Might be worth trying if the ship battles are ok. I've been waiting for Mount & Blade to get ship battles but until that happens I might have to settle for this.

Honestly, haven't payed much attention first time I watched the trailer, then second time I thought that it could be really good - going with your crew on high seas plundering should be lot of fun.