By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Discussion Thread

HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!!!!! 145 72.14%

NO, NO!!! ITS NOT TRUE, P... 10 4.98%

YES, YES!!!!!!!! 45 22.39%

Total:200
Zappykins said:
Clearly, many people here do not have an Xbox One so they don't get why backwards compatibility is a big deal.  

Or maybe it was a big deal in the beginning of the generation, and most Xbox fans still have an Xbox 360. 

The launch list is less than desirable.

It's really sad that this is the Xbox Ones big deal, and not a killer new game we are all waiting to try.

Around the Network
tripenfall said:

A welcome move but Nintendo are running rings around them on this, it should have happened day one
and 100 games is only a portion of the 360 library.
Surely if XBone had a better library we would care less about this?

Except there is a HUGE difference in running games at 480p, and upscaling  and enhancing frame rate.  WiiU just runs a Wii game, which is limited to 480p, in the exact same way a Wii does it.  The Xbox 360 was already HD, and on the Xbox One they said some games will run at a higher frame rate.

So no, not the same thing at all.  I would have perhapse bought a WiiU if it even just upscaled its games, but they didn't even bother doing that.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Love how people are now going to spend 350 on a new system to play old games....Gamer logic

MoiseHnkel said:
Its really more a PR stunt then anything, Face it, its only a minority, who need backward compatibility. And Need its a big word.

The adoption rate is more then 67% and People, use and ressell there old gameand console to do so. like the 6% and the 11% who used the retro on ps3 and 360. Its low userbase.

Its really just to be able as a PR to say we have (that number of game) and its really sad too use some loop to push sell :|.

I was happy with my retro at first. And turn out I used it once ...

100%

Honestly how many people are going to use this a months after its implemented?

Backwards compatibility!.. For 18 games. lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
tripenfall said:

A welcome move but Nintendo are running rings around them on this, it should have happened day one
and 100 games is only a portion of the 360 library.
Surely if XBone had a better library we would care less about this?

Except there is a HUGE difference in running games at 480p, and upscaling  and enhancing frame rate.  WiiU just runs a Wii game, which is limited to 480p, in the exact same way a Wii does it.  The Xbox 360 was already HD, and on the Xbox One they said some games will run at a higher frame rate.

So no, not the same thing at all.  I would have perhapse bought a WiiU if it even just upscaled its games, but they didn't even bother doing that.

I didn't know the Wii had HDMI out? The games do look better than through component out, at least on my tv. Plus you can also play them on the gamepad, only as a screen though.

BC compatibility is nice but I didn't use it anymore after less than a year of ps3 and WiiU. (And that was really just FF12 and God of war 2, new games not available on ps3, and Wii fit plus on the WiiU to use the gamepad instead of the tv) It will be useful when my kids want to play an old 360 game, if that one is supported at least.

really good announcement. There are a few exclusives last gen that I have yet to play.

People, this is for preivew only. Of course it only has a small libarary right now. Either that or people intentionally trying to mis-inform other people.

super6646 said:

People, this is for preivew only. Of course it only has a small libarary right now. Either that or people intentionally trying to mis-inform other people.

This. This is a beta to test it out before release. Hopefully XBL will be online soon though :).

Kyuu said:
I don't remember people getting all that excited when the PS3 supported the two greatest game libraries of all time. PS1+PS2. BC was hardly considered a factor in console world wars.

Playstation Now looks pretty embarrassing in comparison although it essentially has a different purpose.

It was expected.  And people sure got pissed when they took it away!  I sold my PS2 when I got my PS3 and I sold my Gamecube when I got my Wii.  My BC PS3 broke and I was stuck with a library of games I couldn't play.  May not matter to you but BC is a big deal to me.  Hell, half my 3DS playtime was spent on DS games and MOST of my Vita time was spent playing PSP games.  Let us enjoy our feature!