By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Discussion Thread

HOLY S*IT!!!!!!!!!!!! 145 72.14%

NO, NO!!! ITS NOT TRUE, P... 10 4.98%

YES, YES!!!!!!!! 45 22.39%

Total:200

Updated title and OP, please keep Xbox One BC discussion in here

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Updated title and OP, please keep Xbox One BC discussion in here

Thanks man, and thanks for not locking my thread for once ;).

d21lewis said:
Kyuu said:
I don't remember people getting all that excited when the PS3 supported the two greatest game libraries of all time. PS1+PS2. BC was hardly considered a factor in console world wars.

Playstation Now looks pretty embarrassing in comparison although it essentially has a different purpose.

It was expected.  And people sure got pissed when they took it away!  I sold my PS2 when I got my PS3 and I sold my Gamecube when I got my Wii.  My BC PS3 broke and I was stuck with a library of games I couldn't play.  May not matter to you but BC is a big deal to me.  Hell, half my 3DS playtime was spent on DS games and MOST of my Vita time was spent playing PSP games.  Let us enjoy our feature!

This.

Tagging this for a read after, BC is huge for me, hope it works easily and gets some of the major games onboard.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Really no need to downplay this at all. This was great of MS and very pro consumer, sure the selection NOW sucks but the way they have changed there attitude lately I'm sure it will have great support and tons of titles will be added. On a side note how sick would it be to counter if Sony goes "starting today PSNow will be included with all Plus subscriptions"!!!?

Around the Network

I'm laughing so loud here. NINTENDO gives us backwards compatibility day one with every console and it's no big deal. Now microsoft does it 2 years too late and it's sudenly an E3 winning megaton? lol if that was the best part, it shows how bad the conference was.

dontfaultthestars said:

I'm laughing so loud here. NINTENDO gives us backwards compatibility day one with every console end it's no big deal. Now microsoft does it 2 years too late and it's sudenly an E3 winning megaton? lol if that was the best part, it shows how bad the conference was.

It is a big deal, like it or not. One of the few things I like with Nintendo is constant B/C. If sony did the same thing, everyone else would be siked up to.

Hope you don`t mind me stopping in to just say kudos for MS for doing this. It`s good they`re also adopting BC, even if it`s not every game in the 360 library. Well done.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The biggest thing MS can do now with this backwards compatibility announcement, is to make sure all offerings on Xbox Live Gold for the 360 are also available for the XB1 effective immediatley. Thereby giving you 3 free games a month. (Since MS always recycles one game on the XB1 for numerous months) .
That would be sweet.

the-pi-guy said:
super6646 said:

It is a big deal, like it or not. One of the few things I like with Nintendo is constant B/C. If sony did the same thing, everyone else would be siked up to.

Nintendo didn't do BC until the Wii.  

Sony did BC with the PS2, and early PS3, but cut it because it wasn't used as much, and it was something they could cut to reduce the price.  

Handhelds had BC as well.