Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Super Smash Bros DLC prices are ridiculous

Are the prices to high?

Yes 92 69.70%

No 40 30.30%

Total:132

Nevermind, I misunderstood.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Good news is that it's very likely this DLC will get a lot of negative publicity, meaning that hopefully the future DLC will be effected by it and priced more reasonably.

Yeah, thats not happening at all. People will complain about everything, its not going to stop the prices. Especially when 1. Its the cheapest of fighting games and 2. This DLC is being eaten up and selling alot.

tbone51 said:
spemanig said:
Don't see why people are only realizing this now. They've bee rediculus since Mewtwo.

Last i checked, SSB had the cheapest DLC for a fighting Game. Comparing it to a different genre (MK8) isnt helping.

Its $4 per character or $2.5 each for 2 versions.

Instead of us complaining about Smash, its more about complaining that Fighting game DLC prices are expensive

I don't follow Smash, but I saw that the previous characters have always cost the same. It's only Ryu that's more expensive, maybe that's the reason why people are up in arms, or these people missed the previous DLC prices but see it now @E3.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Cloudman said:

I think they have taken it a bit far myself. In fact, I made a thread about it. You can check it out here if you want...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204230&page=1

ah sorry didnt saw that. But i brought in the mario kart 8 calculation so it might be possible that both thread are a bit different :P?

alternine said:
Tis' only the beginning

Beginning? Of what lol. Many people are buying the DLC.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
tbone51 said:

Last i checked, SSB had the cheapest DLC for a fighting Game. Comparing it to a different genre (MK8) isnt helping.

Its $4 per character or $2.5 each for 2 versions.

Instead of us complaining about Smash, its more about complaining that Fighting game DLC prices are expensive

I don't follow Smash, but I saw that the previous characters have always cost the same. It's only Ryu that's more expensive, maybe that's the reason why people are up in arms, or these people missed the previous DLC prices but see it now @E3.

He comes with a Brand New Stage (stages are $2)

tbone51 said:
TomaTito said:

He comes with a Brand New Stage (stages are $2)

Then it's in line with previous prices. I guess it falls down to the bolded part.

@JNK or Cloudman: Have you bought any previous SSBU DLC?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

spemanig said:
Good news is that it's very likely this DLC will get a lot of negative publicity, meaning that hopefully the future DLC will be effected by it and priced more reasonably.

It will still sell like crazy and make Nintendo a shit ton of money. I don't expect the prices to drop at all.

So what should the price be then if $4 is ridiculous?

Meh, Nintendo's DLC prices are relatively the same. Mortal Kombat's Character DLC are $5, Nintendo's are $6.

Since Nintendo is now following what Sony and MS has been doing, maybe Nintendo can release a GOTY Smash game that has all the DLC in it. And maybe Nintendo can price drop alot of their games sooner rather than at the end of the generation.