Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Super Smash Bros DLC prices are ridiculous

Are the prices to high?

Yes 92 69.70%

No 40 30.30%

Total:132

Pay to win?? do u even play smash???

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language

Around the Network

I don't mind the fighter and stage prices. I'll be playing this game for ears to come anyway so I think I'm getting good value for my money anyway.

The Mii costumes are ridiculously overpriced though. They should be like 0,10/0,20 a piece for me to consider buyig them.

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

No one is forcing you to buy all of them, I'll buy what I want and don't what I don't want.

tbone51 said:
Ok, here is why its expensive.... At least to many people.......

~Nobody Comparing it to other fighters DLC prices and SSB will have alot more than the NORM
~Characters are just expensive to make (Fighting Games)
~People Compare it to MK8 DLC.

As the 3rd point stands, i never understood it. It seems like the biggest reason to rag on SSB Price DLC. MK8 DLC is probably one of the best DLC deals in pricing+content of all time. Any DLC in general barely lives up to it.

I DO Find it funny that if MK8 DLC never existed would SSB DLC be that more expensive in their eyes? Everybody that complains DLC SSB Price always compares it to MK8!

Same company! It isn't acceptable imo to have this discrepancy! Note also that Lucas was free in Brawl, now he costs like $5 to buy? I think that's insane, and I won't buy any of their DLC unless they get a price drop. 

Hiku said:

$5 is pretty normal for a DLC fighting game character. Ryu may be a dolar too high, but then again he is a crossover chaarcter, and that comes with liscensing fees and stuff like that, so it's understandable.

Their DLC pricing for Smash seems in line with the norm. (Which may not be a good thing.) Though the Mii fighter costumes seemed a bit steep in comparison.

Though I'm more impressed by how low they kept the price of the tracks in the MK8 DLC.

*Applauds   Very good post, sums up my thoughts exactly! Mii Costumes i can agree with being a little steep.