By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Super Smash Bros DLC prices are ridiculous

Are the prices to high?

Yes 92 69.70%

No 40 30.30%

Total:132
Einsam_Delphin said:
JNK said:

Yeah because i dont have to buy these expensive stuff its not expensive? How much nonsense is that argumentation?

Nothing is expensive because you dont have to buy it. wtf.

Don't know don't care as that's not my argument, just you trying to put words in my mouth.

Bottomline, if a $3 difference is seriously keeping you from buying a character, you weren't really interested in that character anyway.

Its a 3€ difference per character. We dont know how many will follow.

At the moment you will get like ~8% addiotional contennt (compared to the game without dlcs) and have to pay ~half the games price. This is out of any proportions.

Also its kind of pay to win. Im glad i suck pretty much at smash and i will never buy those dlcs to support them, but think about it. If your playing semi professional, alot online on high rank, you need to know how each character do play to counter him. So this is even kind of pay to win. Without buying the new fighters you will have a huge disadvantage fightem them, because you will have alot more issues to learn how they do play. This is just ridicoulus. This dlcs have a worse price/content relation then most things ea have done the past years.

And dont tell me its so hard to make those fighters. Ever looked at what the witcher 3 team will offer you for a 20€ season pass? THAT is hard to make. THAT is worth the price. Smash is a rip off.

Nintendo do know that many people love smash that they dont care for that "some euros". Alot people just got a wii u to play this game. So rip them off, nothing ill support, even as a nintendo fan.

Around the Network
JNK said:

Its a 3€ difference per character. We dont know how many will follower.

At the moment you will get like ~8% addiotional contennt (compared to the game without dlcs) and have to pay ~half the games price. This is out of any proportions.

Also its kind of pay to win. Im glad i suck pretty much at smash and i will never buy those dlcs to support them, but think about it. If your playing semi professional, alot online on high rank. You need to know how each character do play to counter him. So this is even kind of pay to win. Without buying the new fighters you will have a huge disadvantage fightem them, because you will have alot more issues to learn how they to play. This is just ridicoulus. This dlcs have a worse price/content relation then most things ea have done the past years.

And dont tell me its so hard to make those fighters. Ever looked at watch the witcher 3 team will offer you for a 20€ season pass? THAT is hard to make. THAT is worth the price. Smash is a rip off.

Nintendo do know that many people love smash that they dont care for that "some euros". Alot people just got a wii u to play this game. So rip them off, nothing ill support, even as a nintendo fan.

Well this has nothing to do with what I said, just more arbitrary rules (price based on porportion as if all $60 games offered the same value as one another), misconceptions (you do not need to play as a character to learn how to play against them) and stating opinion as fact (perceived value is relative here). But fine, if supporting a game that's already given me hundreds of hours of enjoyment by buying more content for even more hours of fun, then sure, I'll gladly get ripped off!

Einsam_Delphin said:
JNK said:

Its a 3€ difference per character. We dont know how many will follower.

Also its kind of pay to win. Im glad i suck pretty much at smash and i will never buy those dlcs to support them, but think about it. If your playing semi professional, alot online on high rank. You need to know how each character do play to counter him. So this is even kind of pay to win. Without buying the new fighters you will have a huge disadvantage fightem them, because you will have alot more issues to learn how they to play. This is just ridicoulus. This dlcs have a worse price/content relation then most things ea have done the past years.

And dont tell me its so hard to make those fighters. Ever looked at watch the witcher 3 team will offer you for a 20€ season pass? THAT is hard to make. THAT is worth the price. Smash is a rip off.

Well this has nothing to do with what I said, just more arbitrary rules (price based on porportion as if all $60 games offered the same value as one another), misconceptions (you do not need to play as a character to learn how to play against them) and stating opinion as fact (perceived value is relative here). But fine, if supporting a game that's already given me hundreds of hours of enjoyment by buying more content for even more hours of fun, then sure, I'll gladly get ripped off!

if it sells this content on a 400% price increase then yes. How do you learn to play against the new fighters without having them available offline ? please explain.

JNK said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

if it sells this content on a 400% price increase then yes. How do you learn to play against the new fighters without having them available offline ? please explain.

Then yes, yes what? I didn't ask you anything.

By playing against them, duh.

Einsam_Delphin said:
JNK said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Then yes, yes what? I didn't ask you anything.

By playing against them, duh.

so you have to play online against them and will loose in first time. You have no influence in how often you can play against them. The first fights youl will probl. have no idea how they will perform/what they can do. You cant test anything. you will loose ranks and get looses everytime new dlcs arrive because you have to play instant online against them

You cant even be sure if you really know how the charactr plays, maybe your opponents dont use all abilities or play the fighter wrong

seems pretty much pay2win for me

Around the Network

DLC in general has been ridiculous, but people have been clamoring for Nintendo to jump on the bandwagon. Be careful what you ask for xD.

In regards to the pay to win argument....what are you talking about. I don't have the characters and can play against them just fine online.....I don't understand your argument there.

Multishanks said:
DLC in general has been ridiculous, but people have been clamoring for Nintendo to jump on the bandwagon. Be careful what you ask for xD.

In regards to the pay to win argument....what are you talking about. I don't have the characters and can play against them just fine online.....I don't understand your argument there.

How do you know how to counter them? Im alot better vs fighters i played on myself because i know what they can do/will do in which situation.

JNK said:
Cloudman said:

I think they have taken it a bit far myself. In fact, I made a thread about it. You can check it out here if you want...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204230&page=1

ah sorry didnt saw that. But i brought in the mario kart 8 calculation so it might be possible that both thread are a bit different :P?

That`s true. I didn`t do any comparisons in mine. Sorry for the trouble. Please carry on with the thread. ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

JNK said:

so you have to play online against them and will loose in first time. You have no influence in how often you can play against them. The first fights youl will probl. have no idea how they will perform/what they can do. You cant test anything. you will loose ranks and get looses everytime new dlcs arrive because you have to play instant online against them

You cant even be sure if you really know how the charactr plays, maybe your opponents dont use all abilities or play the fighter wrong

seems pretty much pay2win for me

It's called adapting, something you always need to do because not everyone plays the same way. Do you actively use every single Smash character? No, you don't, hardly anyone does, and no one has had a problem going up against characters they don't use. Also there are no ranks in Smash.

argue that a new character is not hard to develop is stupid if u know how balance is smash

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language