By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Steam Summer Sale is almost upon us...

okr said:

Yet there's always room for more: With Grim Fandango RE already out and Day of the Tentacle SE already announced, I'm now hoping for a future announcement of Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis SE (one of the best adventure games ever made imo).

Yeah, I'm waiting for the fan remake: http://indiana-jones-and-the-fate-of-atlantis-special-edition.com/

View on YouTube

Around the Network

I bought Crysis 2 to give my new Geforce 960 a workout, wish I didn't. The game looks as generic as sci-fi come and the graphics aren't even that impressive from technical standpoint. I installed a mod for quick saving and after a bit the game started crashing and neither vanilla nor the mod worked anymore and I was done with it.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. And yes, Crysis 2 is the weakest of the three Crysis games (4 if you count Warhead).

Anyway, another day without getting anything. Trails in the sky is tempting with that 50% off, but as far as I know the story is a Trilogy, the game ends with a cliffhanger and the second game is not even on Steam yet (it will launch this year, but it's still TBD). I think I'll wait until all three are available because I don't like games that end with a cliffhanger... Oh, how I hate you Remedy for Alan Wake and that ending! Give me the second part now!!!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Also, there's a couple of things that I noticed and that need to tell someone.

1-The Monster Summer Game is broken. Today, just like most days, I got in, waited for others to join, and I don't know how or why but we went from level 1 to 17, then 35, then 42 and before I could even realize it, we were at level 113! How can it jump levels that way? There's a group that is already at level 136,000! As I said, the game is broken.

2-Has anyone else realized how many anime games with the Nudity tag are on Steam? I don't know if they are all recent additions to Steam, but I don't recall seeing them during past Sales. Or maybe they were there but Valve hid them to avoid any legal trouble or something like that, I don't know. I only know that there are quite a few of them.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I need help on what to get.

I can get Fallout 3: GOTY and New Vegas: Ultimate for less that 20 bucks or i can get all the Batman games for less than 20.

I feel like i should get Asylum and City (Never played them) along with New Vegas since i never finished it on the PS3. Does this sound good?

Around the Network
CrankyFlameBunny said:
I need help on what to get.

I can get Fallout 3: GOTY and New Vegas: Ultimate for less that 20 bucks or i can get all the Batman games for less than 20.

I feel like i should get Asylum and City (Never played them) along with New Vegas since i never finished it on the PS3. Does this sound good?

The good thing about the Batman and Fallout games is that they always go on sale during the Steam Sales, so you'll always have a change to get them the next time.

Because of that, if you've never played one of the Batman games before I'd suggest to get only one of them to try it and see if you like them or not, and if you like it get the rest during the Winter Sales.

JEMC said:

The good thing about the Batman and Fallout games is that they always go on sale during the Steam Sales, so you'll always have a change to get them the next time.

Because of that, if you've never played one of the Batman games before I'd suggest to get only one of them to try it and see if you like them or not, and if you like it get the rest during the Winter Sales.

Alright I'll get New Vegas for sure and try out Arkham CIty.

Thanks for the help!

Well, we're in the last two days of the Sales, the encore days.

If the rumor that correctly broke the news of the sales starting on the 11th is true, from now on we won't get new" sales but second chances for sales we missed the first time.

And on another note, I successfully crafted my badge. Yay! If any of you need one of the following cards to get your badge just tell me, I'll gadly give it to you.

• Dominic x2
  • Blitzkrieg x2
  • Cerulean Carmouth x2

Hurry up because I'll sell them the last day of the sale.

I've bought a bit more than intended this sale. I bought just today:

- Fallout 2
- Fallout 3: GOTY (I already owned New Vegas Ultimate and have played 3 before)
- Mass Effect 1 + 2 (I haven't played them yet at all)

Otherwise I've bought:

- The Talos Principle
- Skullgirls
- Crypt of the Necrodancer
- Hero Siege
- Need for Speed: Undercover

For the most part though, this sale hasn't jived with me as much as previous sales. I know it's summer time and the summer sale isn't usually as impressive as the winter sale, but I kept seeing odd things like whole franchises being on sale except for one game in them and the franchise packs not being appropriately discounted for sale pricing. As well, the general selection as a whole for most of the sale has been very meh. I still got quite a few games all in all, but The Talos Principle was the only purchase over $10. The next most expensive was the two Mass Effect games together for almost $7. My smallest purchase was probably Hero Siege which was discounted to around $0.89 or something, so I figured it couldn't hurt anything to buy it based on the reviews.

I think all in all I've spent around $30 this sale, but I don't see myself spending anymore.

JEMC said:

Also, there's a couple of things that I noticed and that need to tell someone.

1-The Monster Summer Game is broken. Today, just like most days, I got in, waited for others to join, and I don't know how or why but we went from level 1 to 17, then 35, then 42 and before I could even realize it, we were at level 113! How can it jump levels that way? There's a group that is already at level 136,000! As I said, the game is broken.

2-Has anyone else realized how many anime games with the Nudity tag are on Steam? I don't know if they are all recent additions to Steam, but I don't recall seeing them during past Sales. Or maybe they were there but Valve hid them to avoid any legal trouble or something like that, I don't know. I only know that there are quite a few of them.

There's a wormhole that can be bought using points from your previous game. They stack and are more effective when used on boss levels. I skipped about 730 levels in one go.

My gripe with the game is everyone spamming nukes and killing the bosses before I can get any gold from them. People are dicks.