By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Steam Summer Sale is almost upon us...

Miguel_Zorro said:
Is Democracy 3 a good game? It's 75% off.

I think it's a great game, but it's far too small. You should get some extras for it, but the gameplay is solid in itself.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

I know my game is still going one while I'm away, but I don't like to leave the job for the others . Besides, I think that only your "automatic cannon" keeps shooting, and it is slower and does less damage.

Oh, and that's not your level, but the level/stage of the game. Mine is now at 291.

Oh ;o

Well it says level so I assumed it was lol.

I'm trying to get 1000+

Currently 629.

That's insane. My group is currently at lvl 302.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nothing for me today. At some point, I'm going to have to pick up Sunless Sea. That game looks so interesting.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

That's insane. My group is currently at lvl 302.

Lv 800+ right now for me.

Six hours later than your post and my group os at level 536. Either your group is insane, or mine is full of slackers.

Forget that, there are groups that are a lot lower than mine (like in the 200 levels) and others that are close to the 2,000!

Btw, how is the last Tomb Raider game? Is it as filled with QTEs as I remember reading?

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:

Six hours later than your post and my group os at level 536. Either your group is insane, or mine is full of slackers.

Forget that, there are groups that are a lot lower than mine (like in the 200 levels) and others that are close to the 2,000!

Btw, how is the last Tomb Raider game? Is it as filled with QTEs as I remember reading?

Finally hit 1000+

But I didnt receive anythin :(!

Anyways, havent played the latest Tomb Raider but I will soon after I finish Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2.

Your group is at lvl 1,150.

And I don't know why or for what we do get cards from that game. I played two days (missed the first one) and in both days I got 2 cards playing the first 100 levels. Besides that, nothing else.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

I'm not a good source for this, as I didn't get very far into the game at all, but QTEs not only made me rage quit, they made me rage uninstall.  I got so pissed off from repeating QTE sequences that I was screaming expletives at the TV.  Now, I'm bad at hair-trigger QTEs and with the last one I was so infuriated that I wasn't thinking clearly and just spamming buttons, so I'm sure some people breezed through with no problems.  It's even possible that if I'd played a little longer, I would have gotten past the QTEs from the initial story sequence and everything would have been fine.  However, for me, playing the beginning was just a miserable, angry experience.

pokoko said:
JEMC said:

I'm not a good source for this, as I didn't get very far into the game at all, but QTEs not only made me rage quit, they made me rage uninstall.  I got so pissed off from repeating QTE sequences that I was screaming expletives at the TV.  Now, I'm bad at hair-trigger QTEs and with the last one I was so infuriated that I wasn't thinking clearly and just spamming buttons, so I'm sure some people breezed through with no problems.  It's even possible that if I'd played a little longer, I would have gotten past the QTEs from the initial story sequence and everything would have been fine.  However, for me, playing the beginning was just a miserable, angry experience.

Thanks for sharing. I'm not a fan of QTEs either so that pretty much seals it for me.

It's a shame they went that route with the game .

@Basil: I'm still 6 cards off from the badge. But that's to be expected given that I still haven't bought anything.

Finished (my purchases, not that summer sale game which I already hated and ended after a few minutes).

Bought 22 games, spent around 140€.

Reduced my remaining wishilist from ~130 to 47 games, i.e. only those are in my wishlist now which I actually want to play if I ever buy them (up to now I put every game in wishlist which caught my interest).

We I've been saved. My HDD just died on my gaming PC haha.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon at $3.74 is an absolute steal. It's shorter than FC3 and FC4 and the story is super goofy but I thought the actual game-play was better. If you're like me and you play Far Cry because taking bases is a blast, Blood Dragon was more fun than the main-line games.

I've never played Far Cry 1 or 2, though. Anyone know if those are worthwhile?