By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Steam Summer Sale is almost upon us...

mysteryman said:
JEMC said:

Also, there's a couple of things that I noticed and that need to tell someone.

1-The Monster Summer Game is broken. Today, just like most days, I got in, waited for others to join, and I don't know how or why but we went from level 1 to 17, then 35, then 42 and before I could even realize it, we were at level 113! How can it jump levels that way? There's a group that is already at level 136,000! As I said, the game is broken.

2-Has anyone else realized how many anime games with the Nudity tag are on Steam? I don't know if they are all recent additions to Steam, but I don't recall seeing them during past Sales. Or maybe they were there but Valve hid them to avoid any legal trouble or something like that, I don't know. I only know that there are quite a few of them.

There's a wormhole that can be bought using points from your previous game. They stack and are more effective when used on boss levels. I skipped about 730 levels in one go.

My gripe with the game is everyone spamming nukes and killing the bosses before I can get any gold from them. People are dicks.

What I found hard to understand is, in the regular stages, people killing the minions before going for the ovni. I mean, what are they thinking? The ovni releases more minions, shoot it down first so we can move on already!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
mysteryman said:
JEMC said:

Also, there's a couple of things that I noticed and that need to tell someone.

1-The Monster Summer Game is broken. Today, just like most days, I got in, waited for others to join, and I don't know how or why but we went from level 1 to 17, then 35, then 42 and before I could even realize it, we were at level 113! How can it jump levels that way? There's a group that is already at level 136,000! As I said, the game is broken.

2-Has anyone else realized how many anime games with the Nudity tag are on Steam? I don't know if they are all recent additions to Steam, but I don't recall seeing them during past Sales. Or maybe they were there but Valve hid them to avoid any legal trouble or something like that, I don't know. I only know that there are quite a few of them.

There's a wormhole that can be bought using points from your previous game. They stack and are more effective when used on boss levels. I skipped about 730 levels in one go.

My gripe with the game is everyone spamming nukes and killing the bosses before I can get any gold from them. People are dicks.

What I found hard to understand is, in the regular stages, people killing the minions before going for the ovni. I mean, what are they thinking? The ovni releases more minions, shoot it down first so we can move on already!

That one baffles me too, especially at the higher levels where even the minions can take a few minutes to finish.

It feels like the multiplayer aspect is just a ruse, and were all just playing a scripted solo game.

Are you really planning strategies for that boring game? Just start it every day to get your cards and ignore it for the rest of the day ;)

Why is everyone disappointed?

I bought 30 games (Fallout New Vegas UE and Interplay's Star Trek adventure games were the 3 last ones).

And I agree with Conina. Crap game, not worth my time.

Of course it's a crap game, everybody agrees. But beyond that point, it is interesting to see how some users play.

And play it was a necessary evil to unlock some discounts. If you two, and the others like you, would have played it a little bit, we would have unlocked that game that needed 15 million clicks.
Yes, it's pointless and being angry for that is childish. Sue me

Anyway, I almost bought the Deponia Collection, but the fact that the retail games are in Spanish but the Steam games aren't, it a big no for me. Yes, they're more expensive, but I'll gladly pay that extra.

But Valkyria Chronicles is at 75% off again... maybe I should get it this time.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

It's a ... strange game. It moves way, way too fast to actually do anything but buy upgrades. Level 13,000 in just a few hours? Everything dies immediately.

Now I've got some decisions to make. Divinity: Original Sin OR Pillars of Eternity? I almost want to re-buy Valkyria Chronicles, too.

Sunless Sea is also really, really tempting.

I want Gat out of Hell but $10 is a little much, I think.

Hmmm.

JEMC said:

And play it was a necessary evil to unlock some discounts. If you two, and the others like you, would have played it a little bit, we would have unlocked that game that needed 15 million clicks.

I don't work for discounts, they have to work for me.

There's no maybe in "Valkyrie Chronicles now available for 4.99€".

I'm done too for this summer sale:

• €2.08 for GTA 3
  • €2.08 for GTA Vice City
  • €2.08 for GTA San Andreas
  • €3.99 for Metro 2033 Redux
  • €3.99 for Metro: Last Light Redux
  • €6.24 for Watch Dogs (from Gamesrocket.de)
  • €10.13 for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 + all DLCs
  • €11.00 for The Talos Principle
  • €2.49 for Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
  • €11.99 for Ori and the Blind Forest
  • €1.33 for Gothic 1
  • €1.33 for Gothic 2: Gold Edition (plus free DX11-patch)
  • €1.33 for Gothic 3
  • €4.99 for Valkyria Chronicles

So €65 in total.

okr said:
JEMC said:

I don't work for discounts, they have to work for me.

There's no maybe in "Valkyrie Chronicles now available for 4.99€".

Curse you!

Damn, now I'll be thinking of you while I enjoy the game .