By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Wii U be up YOY in the US durin June NPD?

How much will sell WU in June NPD?

60k or less. 18 17.31%

70,000 - 80,000 11 10.58%

90,000 - 100,000 26 25.00%

110,000 - 120,000 20 19.23%

130,000 - 140,000 5 4.81%

150,000 - 160,000 4 3.85%

170,000 - 180,000 5 4.81%

190,000 - 200,000 1 0.96%

above 200k 14 13.46%

Total:104
heina said:
doubt it
no bundle this time

WU have a bunlde with Splatoon...

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
heina said:
doubt it
no bundle this time

WU have a bunlde with Splatoon...

ups. totally missed that

in that case ill go for 100k+
but i still doubt it will be up YoY and sell 150k or more

Soundwave said:
Paatar said:

You do realize that when Twilight Princess was released, the Gamecube already had an exclsuive Zelda? Windwaker. That is why they did it.

So again, they will not do cross gen with it. 

If it was coming for Wii U only IMO it would be at this E3. There's no way that after 4 years in development they can't even scrape together a new 30 second trailer at minimum. IMO something is up.

Beyond that I don't think Nintendo really cares what a handful of Zelda fans on the internet will say if it means the game ends up selling 2-3x the amount, which is exactly what happened to Twilight Princess, which wouldn't have had a chance in hell of sniffing those sales numbers without the dual release. Sure they'll complain on a message board ... and then they'll suck it up and end up buying the game anyway. 

As long as it comes out on Wii U, Nintendo's broken no promises, so they can put it on NX as well. 

I agree slightly. If they do put it on the Wii U's successor (which is not confirmed to be the NX, so stop using NX for that reason) they probably will not announce it until Zelda U has been out for at least 6 months.

W

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Japan paradigm is good but splatoon might not be bigger in the USA than in Japan,I mainly mean proportionally with the market size of both,for instance splatoon sold 145k FW in Japan,if it sold 180k FW in the USA,it might be above Japan sales but relative to the market size of the two countries,Japan sales are bigger!:P
Japan will be splatoon's best place in my opinion(it's more marketed there and I think it somehow has the Japanese factor,I forgot to say that is quite cheaper in Japan) even if the sales are higher in the USA(I could see at least the FW to not be higher than the FW of Japan)!Unless it explodes later in the USA,so even if you would go by market size ratio,splatoon sales could be at a height that Japan sales wouldn't be able to be considered better than those in the USA !
Therefore,Japan doesn't really prove that splatoon can be bigger system seller in the USA just because splatoon seems to be a bigger system seller in Japan than mario kart 8.

It sold a terrible 40k in May down from 61k last year ... so that's probably going to be a no I'd say.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

It sold a terrible 40k in May down from 61k last year ... so that's probably going to be a no I'd say.

42.5k!

You really waited that to say what you said?You could just easily say it before...

At least wii u will probably get a decent and considerable boost in June,since mario kart 8  which released in the same time framed and had only two days on May npd just like splatoon,actually boosted wii u in June and not in May...May 13->May 14 32k->60k Jun 13->June 14 42k->140k!Also,USA gets a splatoon bundle in late June!(However,You never know after the shocking bigger splatoon afterweek wii u sales than the first week in Japan ,6k-7.7k-17.7k-21.1k,although an explanation to this would be that some stores didn't have sufficient or no wii u stock and in others wii u was sold out,so with the new shipments,many who couldn't find one in the week of splatoon release bought wii u in the second or the ones non wii u owners who couldn't find splatoon in its week of release since  the 97,33% of the shipments were sold and only 4k copies remained on the shelves,which made extremely difficult to find a splatoon copy,purchased it in the 2nd week,along with a wii u but still splatoon sells out so we might see another boost or not a big drop for the wii u.)

Consequently wii u sales in June,full month of five weeks, in the usa,might surprise us!If sales are not good in June,maybe I'll start worrying and thinking that NX tease,news,speculations e.t.c is hurting the sales of wii u and 3DS...