By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MC/Famitsu, Jun 1st- Jun 7th.

It's a beast though over there.

Western sales will be interesting. Don't see Splatoon having that impact in Europe or NA. But Japan? Great numbers.

Around the Network

Dat domination doe!

ihatefatkatz said:
Who was it that said that last week was the last time that the Wii U will above the ps4 again?

I'm looking for him too, if you find him reply to me please 

SpokenTruth said:
Fusioncode said:

You know that isn't even true tbone. 

Negative Wii U/Nintnedo threads? The truth was spoken so sayeth the Tbone.

No, because we weren't talking about negative WiiU threads. Keep up with the conversation.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

marsoRa said:
I'm looking for him too, if you find him reply to me please 

It was Dr. Vita that said it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Fusioncode said:

No, because we weren't talking about negative WiiU threads. Keep up with the conversation.

You really don't want to actually compare those thread counts, do you?

Compare thread counts about what? You really think there are more negative Splatoon threads than positive ones? Cause I don't buy that for a second. But feel free to count them. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

splatoon is the next mega Franchise for nintendo

i mean it's theire "shooter"
ofc it will do well

SpokenTruth said:
By the way, Famitsu has Splatoon's second week higher than Mario Kart 8.

MK8 - 75,030.
Splatoon - 81,764.

Nobody saw that coming.

Because Media Create is more accurate than Famitsu, and in Media Create we have:

MK8: 74k

Splat: 69k

Still impressive.

You know you have a winner when not only does the game have great legs but your hardware is up the week *after* launch week.

Well that's the benefit of sometimes trying a new IP rather than doing the same thing over and over again.

New IP tend to be better driver's of hardware sales. Brain Training and Wii Sports obviously drove the DS and Wii and while it's probably far too late to salvage the Wii U, at least some valuable lessons can be learned for the NX. 

Hopefully Nintendo will get the message that they should try new IP but do so in a real mainstream manner and actually market the game too.

Also I think it's safe to say, people like competetive/multiplayer Nintendo games. Nintendo might want to focus a bit more of that. Also being allergic to online gaming was also another one of those taboos that Nintendo should've gotten past years ago too as Splatoon is really Nintendo's first online-first hit.