By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MC/Famitsu, Jun 1st- Jun 7th.

Holy crap! Splatoon is a system seller confirmed! Great hold for the game too. Should be at 250 k including digital in japan. I wonder how well it sold WW....Everything else is sort of slow this week though.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:
Not sure how Shiren did compared to previous games, but it is far more niche than Stella Glow and Rorona 3DS which absolutely bombed.

It's a surprisingly good result for Shiren:

420   PSP Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer 3 Portable 14,005 31,373
594   PSP Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer 4 Plus: Kami no Hitomi to Akuma no Heso 6,044 16,437

It's an average result for Atelier, but better than I expected:

130   PSV Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 17,547 17,547
155   PSV Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk 12,253 12,253
120   PSV Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky 16,612 19,877

It's a poor result for Stella Glow:

391   NDS Luminous Arc 30,743 63,315
405   NDS Luminous Arc 2: Will 35,042 60,621
530   NDS Luminous Arc 3: Eyes 22,357 38,535

305   NDS Sands of Destruction 58,511 92,781

Less than half of what Rorona Plus did is considered average? How low were your expectations for that to surpass them?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Less than half of what Rorona Plus did is considered average? How low were your expectations for that to surpass them?

Like, sub 5k.

I 'get' that the whole idea of the port was to introduce people who might be interested in Atelier but don't buy PS hardware to the series.  

Just like Yakuza 1 & 2 HD on WiiU, which did like sub 2k.  I set a slightly higher bar for Atelier just due to 3DS instalbase.

It's a terrible result, but given what the game is, I expected worse.

Kresnik said:

Other hardware this week is chronic.

I think PS4 at +10k is ok.

Go Wii U and Splatoon, fully deserved sales. With Yoshi releasing this month, im hoping the momentum carries on in Japan.

Around the Network

Look at that little Toad standing at over 150k in Japan alone.

And we've seen Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Yokai Watch, Monster Hunter, Mario Kart, and Smash for so long now... It's impressive to see those games selling at a steady pace even after months of being released.

tbone's 1 million prediction might happen, holy shiznet

I'm literally shocked at both Splatoon/WiiU performance. Signs pointing towards Splatoon becoming a Nintendo signature franchise are strong.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Kuksenkov said:
Look at that little Toad standing at over 150k in Japan alone.

And we've seen Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Yokai Watch, Monster Hunter, Mario Kart, and Smash for so long now... It's impressive to see those games selling at a steady pace even after months of being released.

For Animal Crossing, it's even been years. o.o I imagine Mario Kart will still pop up in the charts several years from now as AC does.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

tbone51 said:
Fusioncode said:
Oh God, here come another 30 threads about Splatoon.

Still wouldnt be enough to catch up to the Negative Threads  xD

You know that isn't even true tbone. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!