By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MC/Famitsu, Jun 1st- Jun 7th.

Lol at Splatoon. But, nice, that wasn't expected at all.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
outlawauron said:

Less than half of what Rorona Plus did is considered average? How low were your expectations for that to surpass them?

Like, sub 5k.

I 'get' that the whole idea of the port was to introduce people who might be interested in Atelier but don't buy PS hardware to the series.  

Just like Yakuza 1 & 2 HD on WiiU, which did like sub 2k.  I set a slightly higher bar for Atelier just due to 3DS instalbase.

It's a terrible result, but given what the game is, I expected worse.

I wonder what TK's expectations were. They actually re-developed the game for 3DS rather than the Vita version which was a PS3 port with extra content.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I have a feeling most of the first week sales were by people who had a Wii U and then after the HUGE praise the game has been getting, it caused even more people to want it.

This is freaking awesome.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

SpokenTruth said:
Paatar said:
I have a feeling most of the first week sales were by people who had a Wii U and then after the HUGE praise the game has been getting, it caused even more people to want it.

This is freaking awesome.

You can't define a system seller any better than that.

Yeah. Even a kid I know (who has not had any interest in the Wii U until now) was telling me and his friends how much he wants a Wii U with Splatoon. I told him the game was really fun and worth it.

Even a kid who (is 12, and a PS4 fanboy, literally) was mentioning Splatoon. (he was trying to convince his friend not to get the Wii U, probably because he wants one first ;) lol) but I mean come on, a 12 year old PS4 fanboy is talking about Splatoon. 

I really want to see the numbers for the rest of the world. I am honestly thinking the game did 200k+ in NA alone first week. I think it will do 1m by the end of June.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

outlawauron said:
Kresnik said:

Like, sub 5k.

I 'get' that the whole idea of the port was to introduce people who might be interested in Atelier but don't buy PS hardware to the series.  

Just like Yakuza 1 & 2 HD on WiiU, which did like sub 2k.  I set a slightly higher bar for Atelier just due to 3DS instalbase.

It's a terrible result, but given what the game is, I expected worse.

I wonder what TK's expectations were. They actually re-developed the game for 3DS rather than the Vita version which was a PS3 port with extra content.

I think they'd have expected a bit more than 8k for a full blown remake. I wonder if they're planning to bring the other games to 3DS too, or if this will now have killed that plan off.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

I honestly thought that Splatoon would be a really niche game, sort of like Wonderful 101 (but not nearly as weak in sales). I'm pleasantly shocked that it seems to be a genuine system seller. It's hard to attribute this 10k spike as being anything but the result of Splatoon.

outlawauron said:

MikeRox said:

I think they'd have expected a bit more than 8k for a full blown remake. I wonder if they're planning to bring the other games to 3DS too, or if this will now have killed that plan off.

Given 40-60% sellthrough, I guess more than they got, but not loads more.

bobgamez said:
tbone's 1 million prediction might happen, holy shiznet

Yeap, get ready for it. I hope it comes earlier than the month (well 5.5weeks)

Japan has 213k, With just 37k for its 3rd week it'll be at 250k Sold (Retail) which is 1/4th of my 1mil Shipment+Digital Prediction!

Wow, great week for the Wii U and Splatoon did good too.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Fusioncode said:
SpokenTruth said:

You really don't want to actually compare those thread counts, do you?

Compare thread counts about what? You really think there are more negative Splatoon threads than positive ones? Cause I don't buy that for a second. But feel free to count them. 

My mistake, i meant as Nintendo Doomed! Not Negative Splatoon Threads.