By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MC/Famitsu, Jun 1st- Jun 7th.

I'm glad Splatoon keeps surprising me!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Splatoon doing great in Japan. Impressive.

Seems like Splatoon is going to safe WII U perhaps Nintendo grows some stones (without losing sense) and create more new IP'S on WII U.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Seems like Splatoon is going to safe WII U perhaps Nintendo grows some stones (without losing sense) and create more new IP'S on WII U.

If not for Wii U, definitely NX. I also think the marketing Splatoon got helped. Nintendo rarely markets their games at that level and that is why they tend to not do too well. 

sc94597 said:
Qwark said:

If not for Wii U, definitely NX. I also think the marketing Splatoon got helped. Nintendo rarely markets their games at that level and that is why they tend to not do too well. 

They rarely market non-Mario or Zelda titles at that level. Splatoon got the same treatment as MK8/Smash and they're reaping the benefits.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Damn that spectacular Splatoon hold and Wii U boost.

Think that's all there is to say this week.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

outlawauron said:
sc94597 said:

They rarely market non-Mario or Zelda titles at that level. Splatoon got the same treatment as MK8/Smash and they're reaping the benefits.

Yep, and the game has probably already made even,  so everything after this should be pure positive profit. Nintendo can see that marketing doesn't mean more risky costs when your game is good and has the potential for mainstream appeal. Splatoon has potential to become a large series, and now they have a new IP to utilize in their arsenal for game diversity. The more options they have for developing a diverse library of games the better off they'll be.  

Nice numbers for Splatoon, and another good week for Wii U. Everything else is meh

outlawauron said:
Not sure how Shiren did compared to previous games, but it is far more niche than Stella Glow and Rorona 3DS which absolutely bombed.

It's a surprisingly good result for Shiren:

420   PSP Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer 3 Portable 14,005 31,373
594   PSP Mystery Dungeon Shiren the Wanderer 4 Plus: Kami no Hitomi to Akuma no Heso 6,044 16,437

It's an average result for Atelier, but better than I expected:

130   PSV Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 17,547 17,547
155   PSV Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk 12,253 12,253
120   PSV Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky 16,612 19,877

It's a poor result for Stella Glow:

391   NDS Luminous Arc 30,743 63,315
405   NDS Luminous Arc 2: Will 35,042 60,621
530   NDS Luminous Arc 3: Eyes 22,357 38,535

305   NDS Sands of Destruction 58,511 92,781
Ryng_Tolu said:

At this point WU will beat PSV globally by a huge margin by now.
Is what is happen last year. After a "not bad" PSVita starting, the sales are massive dropped, and WU is starting not only to beat Vita, but even XBO... that's what is gonna to happen again.

WU will beat PSV every week by now (maybe PSVita can win just 2/3 weeks by a smaller margin WW when a huge JP game will released), and WU will sell at XBO level... (50k-60k)

By holidays, XBO will starting to sell at beasting level in the US (above PS4) and very well globally, menywhay WU will beat PSVita lifetime.

You're on a run for bizarre posts lately.  Not that I don't agree that WiiU is going to beat Vita lifetime, but that's something that should be hidden away as "massive failure", not celebrated as some kind of achivement.

At least Splatoon is providing some kind of life into a dying machine, but overall both consoles have performed far below the level they should have done.

OT: I'm very impressed by Splatoon & WiiU hardware - good for Nintendo. Other hardware this week is chronic.

Shiren did well; Stella Glow bombed (COMG massively over-represented this game, huh?) Atelier did better than I expected, but I'm not sure if this is going to convince Gust to go forward with the series on 3DS.

Natsuiro High School is the one I can't tell on. I was expecting like, Natural Doctrine levels of bomba. It's slightly above that, but still not very good.