By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MC/Famitsu, Jun 1st- Jun 7th.

It's nice to see that the Wii U actually went up and that Splatoon is doing great.
Great The Witcher 3 legs so far, at this pace it will end up outselling Xenoblade Chronicles X lol

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Nope.

Sorry, but the Splatoon hype train is too strong. Splatoon in Japan will easy pass the 300k mark by end of June, and then, 400k to 500k by end of year.

After that, with a good legs, 700k / 800k seem very possible. People have already underestimate this game so much, so, why be conservate?

500K by the end of the year means pretty much the end of the line. It ain't goinna do another 200-300K selling at 1000 units a week, which is where it will be selling at at the beginning of next year. It'll be below 2k/week within a couple of months.

Beating low expectations, and becomming the 3rd or 4th best selling Wii U game ever in Japan are not the same thing. And the first thing certainly does not assure the second.

Good luck with your bet, but you already lost it.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Wii U hardware higher in Splatoon's second week than in its first?
Inkonceivable.

SpokenTruth said:
tbone51 said:

Well Nintendo doesn't get all of that money, lets say they get $19 back each copy sold. (Digital which they get alot more of it).

$20 x 300k Sold (Japan numbers most likely by end of 3rd week, 17 days) = $6mil.

Japan should do at least 450k.

Being they are the developer and publisher, they get more than $19 per copy.  $19 is around what a 3rd party would get.  Platform holders always get more than that because they don't charge themselves any fees.

At ~$50 in Japan, Nintendo would probably take ~$35 of that.  So closer to $10.5 million.  

Do you have any basis for that? From what I've seen, retailers in Japan cut prices faster than any other market as shelf space is even more limited in larger cities. That would mean that they have larger margin of profit than Western publishers who take less than half of each.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

binary solo said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Splatoon will sell 700-800k lifetime in Japan.

I think that's being overly optimistic and placing too much of a sales expectation burden on this game. People gotta calm down with their excitement.

700k-800k is more likely than 300k-400k at thispoint. In 17 Days the game will have 300k+ including digital

Around the Network

How good are those Witcher numbers ?

Is the wii U making a come back?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I guess Splatoon was the reason for quite a few people who were planning to get a Wii-U to stop postponing and buy one. Especially since Zelda got delayed, not much reason to wait that long.

binary solo said:

500K by the end of the year means pretty much the end of the line. It ain't goinna do another 200-300K selling at 1000 units a week, which is where it will be selling at at the beginning of next year. It'll be below 2k/week within a couple of months.

Beating low expectations, and becomming the 3rd or 4th best selling Wii U game ever in Japan are not the same thing. And the first thing certainly does not assure the second.

People were saying it'll only have W101 sales and it's beaten those predictions with in a week, it has now sold more in Japan then W101 did WW, if anything it may be time to put the skepticism aside saying what it won't do and just wait and see.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167316174&postcount=430

Dengeki is reporting again >90% sell-through for Splatoon's second week.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/067/1067387/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167316898&postcount=432

Lol they said Shiren 5+ already met their sales goal at the stream. Must have been very cost effective project..